Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can I Purchase A Factory Sat Nav And Fit Into Rx 300?

Hi i have a friend selling a factory sat nav from his 2005 lexus rx 300 (which has damage to the vehicle)

and i want to know if it will go straight into mine which doesnt have the sat nav unit.

It comes with the whole centre bit including cd player, tape, fans, controls etc. & all wiring.

Any help appreciated!

hi thanks for the reply..

im hoping someone can reply and tell me its 100% ok to be done!

i would like to purchase it, tear my car apart to realise that its not possible.

However, everything is included, all the centre peice, all buttons, wiring, absolutely anything, he said if theres anything else i need also such as a random wire then he'll sort it for me out of the vehicle.

Be really appreciated if anyone has ANY information at all on this!

thanks for the reply rob!

Not even if the whole loom is supplied?

Ive owned a BMW on a 04 previously and done this conversion it was a plug and play job..

However im not sure if all the cars are the same?

I always thought if it was original parts then its possible?

oh it is possible......

i am basing the assumption on some posts about an IS200- the loom is different between cars.

how about looking in the boot/ behind dash if the plugs are there? if they are then you are laughing... if not then personally i wouldnt bother

oh it is possible......

i am basing the assumption on some posts about an IS200- the loom is different between cars.

how about looking in the boot/ behind dash if the plugs are there? if they are then you are laughing... if not then personally i wouldnt bother

Hi mate, yes, behind the dashboard i have the plug from the old unit which plugs into a "Square type connection" and the other unit has the same type of plug unit that it came out of, should this be plug and play if this is the case?

oh it is possible......

Hi mate, yes, behind the dashboard i have the plug from the old unit which plugs into a "Square type connection" and the other unit has the same type of plug unit that it came out of, should this be plug and play if this is the case?

Providing the loom carries the correct wiring to the trunk of the vehicle where the receiver and nav DVD head are fitted, I know my 2003 Mk1SE non nav has no loom connections in the trunk even though looking at the connections behind the radio it all looks compatible.

Just be careful or prepared for a possible difficult installation.

• 1 month later...
oh it is possible......

Providing the loom carries the correct wiring to the trunk of the vehicle where the receiver and nav DVD head are fitted, I know my 2003 Mk1SE non nav has no loom connections in the trunk even though looking at the connections behind the radio it all looks compatible.

Just be careful or prepared for a possible difficult installation.

Hello,

I got an RX300 SE-L with the satnav factory fitted but installed a an after market pioneer navi system by takin out the 6CD changer and fiited the aftermarket pioneer and works great....so u might wanna have a look at this instead...wots your email, i can send u pics of the full installation but know how to insert the pics here in the forum.

Ive owned a BMW on a 04 previously and done this conversion it was a plug and play job..

However im not sure if all the cars are the same?

Are you sure? Because in most BMWs (E46/E39/E90/E60) the Nav System is broken down into modules. Each module is separate and you have to lay the additional loom (usually from the front to the rear of the car) and then you have replace the relevant trims and functions (on the E46 the seat heater controls need to be moved lower while on the E90 you have to buy a whole new dash as you have to physically allow for the second hump). Then you have to have the car recoded to let it know it has the new modules so it can use them. Hardly plug-n-play to be honest...however the VAG units are pretty much plug-n-play because you have to remove the radio unit and slot in the double-din Nav Unit. Simple coding via VCDS and Bob is your Father's Brother...job is a good'un.

Doubt the Lexus would be easy ...

• 5 years later...

I am also looking to retrofit a non sat nav RX300 LE with a Navigation display so I would be interested to know if the swap was successful.

I'd also be interested in the swap of the cd unit for a pioneer unit.

Did it have any effect on any of the other controls on the centre console?

Thanks

Iain

If you are seriously considering the cost and effort of putting a system in then go for an aftermarket product like the Pioneer (which is excellent by the way) as you will find the interface simpler, more intuative and much more up to date ie, the ability to accept full postcodes etc and many of these systems also include free annual updates. I have the factory fitted Lexus Sat Nav in my 2006 400h and have just recently updated to a 2014 disc which is a vast improvement but still compromised by the limitations of the system.....I would forget your friends sat nav unless it's a freebie and even then I would still think twice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links