Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reverse Gear On Is200 (manual)

micker35

Hi Folks,

Here's one for the experienced IS200 owners out there. I went to look at a 2002 (02) IS200 SE today. Bronze paint job with cream half leather interior; very nice. It's got 66000 on the clock and it's got an almost exclusively Lexus service history. It's in extremely neat condition and is up for £4790. Everything about the car seemed as it should be except it was absolutely murder to get into reverse gear. Is this how all manual IS200's are or is this something that's a problem. As always, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mick.

Hi Folks,

Here's one for the experienced IS200 owners out there. I went to look at a 2002 (02) IS200 SE today. Bronze paint job with cream half leather interior; very nice. It's got 66000 on the clock and it's got an almost exclusively Lexus service history. It's in extremely neat condition and is up for £4790. Everything about the car seemed as it should be except it was absolutely murder to get into reverse gear. Is this how all manual IS200's are or is this something that's a problem. As always, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mick.

ye but it might be hard now but when you get used to it its easyer to get reverse than first lol.you will get used to it mate go for it you wont be disapointed and it sounds like a minter!!!

any other questions matey??

Thanks for the quick replies fellas!

I'll give the car some serious consideration but it may be that I'm just getting impatient. I've had my heart set on an IS300 for a while now and there's a serious lack of supply of them anywhere near my part of the country (Bury). Anyway, thanks again for the quick responses.

Mick.

I only got my Lexus about a month back.. Got used to it with-in the week, just a slight nudge and it's always in reverse for me.. Sounds like you got a decent deal =) Mine is a 2001 (Y Reg) Just the S model though, picked it up for £4400 with 62,000 on clock.. in top clean condition though! I'm a happy owner =D

I only got my Lexus about a month back.. Got used to it with-in the week, just a slight nudge and it's always in reverse for me.. Sounds like you got a decent deal =) Mine is a 2001 (Y Reg) Just the S model though, picked it up for £4400 with 62,000 on clock.. in top clean condition though! I'm a happy owner =D

i got mine 2 weeks ago and very chuffed

i think i must of got a bargain as i seen one in the garage for 4700 with 85k on the clock for a sport moden on a 52

then i seen a private sale for a 51 with 64 on the clock and it was an se and got the guy down to 3590 ! was ashame he had to sell all his stuff to pay for a new home.... works for me haha

The only good thing about reverse gear being a little difficult until you get used to it in my case, is that the wife can not get it in reverse no matter how hard she tries, mean she doesnt use my car any more. lol

Got mine 4 weeks ago off eBay £2899 for an x plate SE with 88,000 miles with mostly lexus SH. £20 quid on the train to pick it up and an enjoyable dive home, 3 owner car in fantastic condition.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links