Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Condensation In Back Window

ynotshi

Have the same problem.. Lots of snow now and as you may know snow turn in to water which turn in to condensation. Cleaning the window help a lot for me:)

You can use the backwindow heater to remove condensation.

Also having s*x in the car isn't really smart if you want to avoid condensation :)

My IS200 also suffers from bad steaming up of rear and side windows for no apparent reason. This is really a nuisance as I find the car is not the easiest to see out the back of in normal circumstances. Have checked for any leaks but everywhere seems dry. The only issue might have been the clear rear fog light conversion which had been done before I owned the vehicle. I did see traces of moisture inside the lenses but have removed and sealed the periphery with instant glue - but still have the condensation problem. On reading the owner's guide, it helps to set the heat and fan to high and use the air from outside. Would be very interested to hear other thoughts about this problem.

Is it just normal condensation due to it being cold outside or is it proper droplets of water dripping inside the car?

If it is the later I would say there was something damp inside your car, either in the boot or the back seats.

I always drive with non-circulating air on as I find the lexus really prone to steaming up very quickly with the air re-circulating.

The problem I have is with steaming up (rather severely) rather than with actual droplets. It is a physical fact that moisture condenses on cold surfaces but the effect in my IS200 is far worse than with any other car I have used. And yes, the non-recirculating air setting seems to help. I would be very interested if anyone happens knows the cause......

Don't personally have this problem as I always have the A/C on (which is a cure btw).

However, cleaning the windows well and then applying an anti-mist substance will work well. I have some stuff bought from the Ideal Home Show that works really well - I've never used it in the car but I'm sure it would work fine if I had the problem.

Thanks for the good suggestion. Anyone tried this with success?

The rear window is large and takes some time to clear with the electrical demister - does not help with the side windows though.

On a slightly different note, I'm sure I read somewhere here that, on some models, the door mirror heaters are permanently on with the ignition switch, summer and winter! I must check if my model is like this.

On a slightly different note, I'm sure I read somewhere here that, on some models, the door mirror heaters are permanently on with the ignition switch, summer and winter! I must check if my model is like this.

Does your rear window heater switch have a picture of just the rear window or both the rear window and mirror? If the former, yours is on all the time, if the latter then it is controlled by the switch :)

I used to get this a little bit now and again ...

Now it just seems to happen after I get car / windows cleaned inside - so probably some spray of some sort.

Found using aircon used to clear it quite quick but then would be steaming up again once stopped for a while.

So, now generally put aircon off, use outside air (ie. non recirculating) directed to screen / floor and tilt the sunroof.

Seems to work better for me ...

TG

This is something i`ve noticed now it`s coming up to winter, it allways seems worse when there is rain about! Putting the a/c on does clear it up very quickly but as soon as you switch it off the windows (front especially) steam up pretty quick.

Might try the washing up liquid thing, isn`t vinegar solution supposed to do a similar thing?

Some interesting thoughts on the window misting up issue. I am still puzzled why the IS200 is so prone to this, i.e. is there extra moisture coming from somewhere, or are the windows extra cold for some reason, or is the cabin more airtight than most?

I checked, and on my 2002 IS200 SE the door mirror heaters do switch on and off with the rear screen heater. The button switch shows both the legends, just as Parthiban said. The mirror glass gets noticably warm when tested with the back of the hand.

Some interesting thoughts on the window misting up issue. I am still puzzled why the IS200 is so prone to this, i.e. is there extra moisture coming from somewhere, or are the windows extra cold for some reason, or is the cabin more airtight

I was thinking about this and wonder if it has somethin to do with the glass not touching the rubber on the side windows. If you lower the glass to clear mist or rain water it doesn't work so maybe cold air pushes in under the glass and stops it warming enough to cure condensation?

I'm not sure why but this happens in any car that has climate control if you turn the A/C off - our other cars do exactly the same thing. That's why the A/C is never switched off in any of our cars (it's also better for the system to not switch it off for long periods of time)

I also found the lex steaming up more than any of my other cars, i think it has to do with the cabin being so air-tight, A/C deff helps, not nice on a allready cold day, but also like said above, do not use the re-circ air, heat the air from outside the car instead, this doesn't totally cure, but helps mine greatly.

At the mo having problems with condensation in the back window and was wondering if anyone has or has had the problem and cured it and its annoying me

Have anybody tried changing the pollen filter? I had the same previous problem with my previous car and was desperate - changing it only made the problem disappear completely.

A/C deff helps, not nice on a allready cold day,

The effect of A/C works at any temperature.

Yes i am not disputing the fact that it works in any temperature, what i mean is blowing more cold A/C air in is - "not nice on a allready cold day"

NO..... AC air temperature can be set to any temperature you want, put the AC on and then put the temperature to maximum - it is warm air.

the AC should be used at all times of the year not only in the summer as this keeps the system operative and lubricated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links