Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Amp And Sub Installation

Mbay

I have an amp, sub and wiring from my old car and was wondering if its possible to put it into the is200?

Can't find a definitive answer on if I can and how to do it?

I have an amp, sub and wiring from my old car and was wondering if its possible to put it into the is200?

Can't find a definitive answer on if I can and how to do it?

simple answer matey yes you can you can even keep the standard head unit.also very easy to do.

same as any other car mate and if you wanna use the standard head unit you can buy speaker to rca adaptors.

yes. you need to find out if you have a amp in the car...

are you going to change the head unit? yes is good if your putting the amp in..

i put my sub into the ski hatch.. removed the hatch at fixed it in there onto a piece of wood cut to shape

got 2 amps in the back and a few bits more

to find out about if you have a amp you need to look inside the glove box. there on the side at the back is the amp

here is a link

best to search the loc... it's all been covered in here before

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...;hl=finding+amp

rite, can't find an amp in my glovebox, or at least i don't think there is.

Theres shelf speakers, don't know if its premium

Can't be bothered changing the head unit coz it will look a mess!

Just want to put my amp and sub onto the existing stereo.

You seem very sketchy as to what model IS200 you have, you have SE in your car details, your pics arent conclusive, but if you have a SE then there is a amp behind the glove box, to the left of the pollen filter on the inner wing area, it's silver & pretty much square with wires coming out the back of it..

If you do not have half leather / seude seats (both SE & sport models have this), then you have a IS200 S model, this spec does not have an amp fitted,then this may be of help to you

LINK

Isn't hard to find out if it is a premium stereo.

This is how you find out. Get in your car turn your head have a look at the stereo and read the text Lexus Audio premium system (something like that) which should be right beneath the volume button

This is how you find out. Get in your car turn your head have a look at the stereo and read the text Lexus Audio premium system (something like that) which should be right beneath the volume button

Only easy if you know how :whistling:

rite,

So if i want to use my aftermarket amp and sub on the existing stereo, i need a speaker to rca adaptor?

what else?

should i use my wiring kit i had for the old car?

Had a look see and it does say premium :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links