Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Electric Seats

Anybody got any help with this ..... going to purchase the seats tomorrow and really need some advice.

My car has manually adjustable cloth seats .... I'm going to replace them with electrically adjustable

half leather seats. Need to know if supplying the seats with power is going to be a problem.

I don't mind if I have to run a separate power supply to the seats, but it would be very handy if there

was a pre-existing block to just plug into.

Eamonn.

i dont really have a clue about this, but if it is one of the cars with both front electric seats, (post 2001), then i would assume that there would be some sort of electric connection where the seats are.

however, if it was one of the earlier models, with only an electric drivers seat, then it may not have any electrics under the passenger seat.

sorry i cant give you any more help :withstupid:

If you don't have a plug under the carpet, in the seating area, All you need to run is a single power supply rated at 30 amps, and an earth. The switches an everything else is built into the seat

The plug if you can find one, should hold two wires...A white which carries the power supply, and awhite/black which is the earth...

Good Luck Eamonn.

i dont really have a clue about this, but if it is one of the cars with both front electric seats, (post 2001), then i would assume that there would be some sort of electric connection where the seats are.

Some cars from 2000 have both too.

Not that this helps in any way :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links