Although its been rather HOT i decided to wash,polish and wax the car

so i started yesterday(coz you should'nt do it in hot weather) so last night

i managed to do half the car,finished it this morning(sun),i used the Meguiars

stage 2 then the Gold Class,results are brilliant as those of you that use

it will know,nice wet look.

Whilst doing the other side today(sun)i noticed that someone has kindly

put a 8'' scratch along the bonnet which will not T-cut out so looks like i'm

gonna have to have it blown over.Since i've had the car(just over 1yr)i am

forever polishing out minor scuffs to the corners of the bumpers.

So my dillema is this whilst i love the car i am deciding wether i should SELL

it :excl:(i dont want to), I know that there are jealous people around and i

can hear you all say dont give in,but how long can i go on removing minor

scratches for, to say i'm p :tsktsk: d off is an understatement.

I could of course claim off the insurance coz i have protected no claims but this

only allows you to claim twice in 3 yrs(i've already had one)some scumbag went

across o/s doors, £1,500 of damage...suspected neighbour but could'nt prove it.

All your views are appreciated

Thanx

Sorry to hear that Pee.J :(

Dont sell the car... what I would do is to set up a camera to watch the car. I have to leave mine out on the street and I set up just a cheap colour camera with night vision the only hard part is remembering to put a tape into the video.

just a thought

Brett

I agree - DON'T sell up. Weigh it up against all the satisfaction the Lex will have given you. Besides, if you go off and buy something else you'll still want to take care of it, and I'll bet it won't have such a good Owners Club!! :P

What about a web-cam? A mate at work has one set up to watch his (other) car - the camera was dirt cheap, easy to set up and he can watch his car from work by just using a browser :)

pete

bad luck !

couple of options

rent a garage nearby

give some old biddy a few quid to use her driveway (gives them security as well)

cover car with a decent cover

cctv is allright if you know the person who has damaged your car, if not you wasting a video

mother in laws had video of gang who stole their caravan, close up on faces the vehicle they used

and police told them it was a waste of time, unless they can catch them

one thing that isnt an option

do not sell it,

its your pride and joy, you will only regret it

(and besides us southerners need all the members we can get :winky: )

If you suspect that it's a neighbour, go with the camera option. Get the proof, tell the police (maybe they can have a 'friendly' word), then go and :tsktsk: in their fuel tank <grrrr>

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Thanx for all your feedback guys/gals i somehow knew what the outcome would be :lol:

Because i live in a cul-de-sac on the other side of the street they have the privilege of

a drive where as i dont and the nearest garages to rent are over 5 miles away.

It has been suggested that i consider the spy cam option but i'd forget to put the tape in.

And your right i would regret it but if i did sell i would probably down grade as nobody

gives a second look at a s :tsktsk: r.Going with the options that Bazza gave(thanx mate)are

a no go either as covering the car only attracts attention as to i wonder whats under the cover.

There are a few on the other side that have no use for a drive but because they are complete

w*****s even if i offered them £50 a week they would'nt rent.At the mo the LEX is only used as a second car(w/ends)but i cant keep suffering the cost of repairs,so if it did go yes of course i would miss the club meets and the forums, but i'll have to weigh up the options.

pee.j

What about a webcam? They are pretty cheap, and easy to set up, and you can have them on time-lapse recording so they don't eat up too much space on your HD. You could set the frame grabbing rate to say 3-5 fps at 400x300 or something and that would give you a good amount of spycam footage at a viewable resolution.

Would hate to see you leave, especially with those B) wheels....

I can help you set up the grabbing software, as I'm sure many others here could. You can even get wireless cams now too, so you can position a camera pretty damn discretely and not have trailing wires...

Just a thought... :shifty:

Asam

So my dillema is this whilst i love the car i am deciding wether i should SELL

it :excl:(i dont want to), I know that there are jealous people around and i

can hear you all say dont give in,but how long can i go on removing minor

scratches for, to say i'm p :tsktsk: d off is an understatement.

sell it?

H ELL NO!

what are you gonna do - sell the IS and get an rusty blue F Reg Fiesta Popular Plus so you fit in with the rest of the low life underachievers by you?

can't tell you what to do to rectify the situation - wish I could - web cam is a good, cheap ide.

But - if you sell it, you are just admitting the jealous :tsktsk: have got the better of you - are you resigned to never owning a nice car?

I used to own a Seat Ibiza GLX (box on wheels) and jealous sods (yes really) were always tearing off the wing mirrors. I guess there will always be some jealous people no matter what car you own. At least the Lexus attracts a better class of vandal

:backofnet: :iraqi-info-minister:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links