Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Linglong Tyres !

at the end of the day it does not matter what tyres youve got because in the wet they will not stop you as quick as in the dry whatever make they are

What? That's a weird way of looking at it. Crap tyres aren't going to stop you as quickly as good ones in the wet or dry.

Have a read of this tyre test & tell me you'd still skimp on tyres http://www.conti-onl..._article_en.pdf

They're the only thing holding you on the road at the end of the day, how can you put a price on that??

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good find that, I once put 2 Linglongs on the front of my Pug 307 Hdi a week later it was back to have 2 avons on, The tyres were out of shape and caused problemls with the wheel balance and they were just shocking in the wet, Garage I got them from sent them back.

Im now giving Pristivo sport tyres a go on the Pug and I must say they have been very very good so far in the wet and dry Iv been told they now use Avon to make them used to be yokahamas.

Lee :hehe:

Its all about name at the end of the day.

You wouldnt pay top doller for a rolex watch if it didnt have the name Rolex on it...

If people really cared that much, they'd be swapping their tyres over every summer for a fine weather tyre, when it rains swap for a wet weather tyre and winter tyres in the snow!

The tyre market isnt no different than any other product. People pay for the name!

im with the "budgets are ok" people.

i used to have kumho ecsta tyres on my lexus before the yokohama parada's ive got now. i found them to be a really good tyre. the only reason i changed was because i like the pattern of the parada's. the parada's are actually worse because they are quite a loud tyre and increase road noise.

you can say "there the only 4 bits touching the ground" but theres plenty of other bits on the way to the ground from you! if your concentrating on the road and looking for things ahead of you then you shouldnt need to brake as hard. you corner the car as best it can do with what youve got. if youve got super duper tyres then maybe you can go that bit quicker, but your probably breaking the speed limit to do that anyway!!

and as someone has said. there probably made by the same people that make the expensive tyres!!

**UPDATE**

well i would like to add, several weeks on and around 1200 miles later these Linglongs are superb, ive tested then in quite heavy rain and now in the baking sun, whilst they dont grip as good in the dry as teh dunlop sp9000's i originally had on the rear, they will do me nicely and i honestly think the gripped better in the wet than the dunlops !

The road noise isn't any different and the tread appears to be lasting well.

So for any of you needing tyres desperatly, buy some linglongs if your wallet canmt stratch far, remember i just wanted mine to get through an MOT and they were far better than the nearly bold Dunlop's on.

:D

Cheap rubbish.

A 4" square patch of rubber on each corner holding my car on the road in all conditions.

I think I would rather keep my faith in a tried and proven brand of tyres,thank you.

Cheap rubbish.

A 4" square patch of rubber on each corner holding my car on the road in all conditions.

I think I would rather keep my faith in a tried and proven brand of tyres,thank you.

So if you had a lot of expenditure elsewhere, your MOT is due and you have just noticed that your tyres are down to the marker bars, you'd do what?.... Walk?

scotyre in broxburn its a big tyre wear house and the best thing is the tyres are same price to trade as they are to a punter..

Do they have a website mate ?

they dont have a website but trust me the place is very big....and have some good prices

Cheap rubbish.

So if you had a lot of expenditure elsewhere, your MOT is due and you have just noticed that your tyres are down to the marker bars, you'd do what?.... Walk?

Buy 4 cheap retreads,get through the MOT and when cash permits buy some decent tyres.

The tyre market isnt no different than any other product. People pay for the name!

So why do you drive a Lexus & not a Daewoo? Is it just for the name or do you actually prefer a car that's well made & will last longer than 10 years?
If youve got super duper tyres then maybe you can go that bit quicker, but your probably breaking the speed limit to do that anyway!!
Equipped with the best-performing Chinese tyre, the Nankangs, the Golf was three seconds a lap slower than with the Continental, but with the worst, the Triangles, it lapped a scarcely believable eight seconds slower. An eight-second gap in something as humble as a diesel Golf is all the evidence you could ever need that tyres matter, not only in terms of lap times but also in how quickly you can stop or turn when it really matters especially in the wet.

Although the Linglongs provided good steering feel and balance, the shortage of grip was truly staggering; the sensation was not unlike driving on ice. This caused an issue not only through the corners but also under braking and under power.

Cheap rubbish.

Buy 4 cheap retreads,get through the MOT and when cash permits buy some decent tyres.

And the difference between cheap remoulds and cheap new tyres is?

If I was in this situation, I'd fund a new set of tyres using a credit card- I know I can pay the CC bill off the following month. I'm not prepared to compromise my/my passengers safety (and the safety of other road users) by fitting ditchfinders. If I couldn't afford a decent set of new tyres, then I would park up the IS200 and use public transport (but save up for a decent set of tyres in the meantime).

Why spend thousands of your hard earned pounds on a nice IS200, GS, LS etc only to fit cheap ditchfinders off eBay? If you can't afford to maintain an IS200, then don't own one- simples.

As said before, there are only 4 bits of rubber between you and the road- so fit the best quality tyres you can afford. I've used both budget tyres (in the past) and premium tyres and I'd go premium every time.

And yes, remounds are just as bad as budget tyres in my experience.

in my situation, using public transport wasn't an option, commuting across 3 counties to work everday would be not only highly time consuming, but expensive.

and at £70 a pair a set of tyres is a set if tyres, and having done a decent ammount of mileage on them , i wanna make people aware that if they are desperate then they are a decent option. : )

If I was in this situation, I'd fund a new set of tyres using a credit card- I know I can pay the CC bill off the following month. I'm not prepared to compromise my/my passengers safety (and the safety of other road users) by fitting ditchfinders. If I couldn't afford a decent set of new tyres, then I would park up the IS200 and use public transport (but save up for a decent set of tyres in the meantime).

Why spend thousands of your hard earned pounds on a nice IS200, GS, LS etc only to fit cheap ditchfinders off eBay? If you can't afford to maintain an IS200, then don't own one- simples.

As said before, there are only 4 bits of rubber between you and the road- so fit the best quality tyres you can afford. I've used both budget tyres (in the past) and premium tyres and I'd go premium every time.

And yes, remounds are just as bad as budget tyres in my experience.

And yet there are many thousands of folk driving round on budget tyres, not crashing and burning but going about their business... There is no doubt that budgets are a compromise, they lose a little here and there but a good driver compensates, gives a little longer to brake, doesn't drive like his hair is on fire and takes bends within the limits of his ability and the ability of the equipment that he is driving...

No one can ever say with any certainty that they can pay off next months CC, some folk don't use credit cards, I know that I don't...

Far too many young folk are drawn in by glossy advertising and will break the bank to buy what they are told is the best.... I don't suppose that too many people noticed that the tyre test posted was courtesy of Continental tyres and involved the car being tested way beyond what the average motorist would do...Most drivers would never be able to tell what rubber they have on their car if you didn't tell them. For average driving a budget is just as good as a big name... If you wanted to do the ring then you are pushing your car to the limit and therefore be better off with a tyre more suited to that job.

If those four little pads were so important, then surely last Winter you changed your tyres to Winter tyres to minimise the risk to yourself and your passengers.... No?

And yet there are many thousands of folk driving round on budget tyres, not crashing and burning but going about their business... There is no doubt that budgets are a compromise, they lose a little here and there but a good driver compensates, gives a little longer to brake, doesn't drive like his hair is on fire and takes bends within the limits of his ability and the ability of the equipment that he is driving...

No one can ever say with any certainty that they can pay off next months CC, some folk don't use credit cards, I know that I don't...

Far too many young folk are drawn in by glossy advertising and will break the bank to buy what they are told is the best.... I don't suppose that too many people noticed that the tyre test posted was courtesy of Continental tyres and involved the car being tested way beyond what the average motorist would do...Most drivers would never be able to tell what rubber they have on their car if you didn't tell them. For average driving a budget is just as good as a big name... If you wanted to do the ring then you are pushing your car to the limit and therefore be better off with a tyre more suited to that job.

If those four little pads were so important, then surely last Winter you changed your tyres to Winter tyres to minimise the risk to yourself and your passengers.... No?

Budget tyres are ok on a Corsa/Fiesta etc, but I for one wouldn't feel happy driving a RWD prestige car on budget tyres.

I've had Bridgestones, Pirellis and Wanlis on our IS200 over the years. All three tyres have been terrible on the rear of an IS200 under wet conditions. In fact if I had not been brought up on bad RWD, I could have killed myself by now. My next tyres on the back will be the best wet weather tyres I can afford. HOWEVER, as far as the front is concerned, I cannot see any difference between the three. Because the Wanlis are supposed to be so awful I have tried to get the front to break away by yanking on the steering on an empty wet roundabout - no problems.

Budget tyres are ok on a Corsa/Fiesta etc, but I for one wouldn't feel happy driving a RWD prestige car on budget tyres.

So, what you are saying is, if you were driving a Corsa/Fiesta, you would be happy to drive around with ditch finders. But because it is a prestige Toyota that you are driving, the vehichle brand requires a more expensive tyre? hmmmm, interesting argument.

So, what you are saying is, if you were driving a Corsa/Fiesta, you would be happy to drive around with ditch finders. But because it is a prestige Toyota that you are driving, the vehichle brand requires a more expensive tyre? hmmmm, interesting argument.

What I meant was the IS200 has more power (some people aren't happy with 153bhp of the IS200) than some 1.2 litre chavbox- so I guess you would want to fit some decent tyres (that worked well in the wet/dry etc) to a expensive car? No?

What I meant was the IS200 has more power (some people aren't happy with 153bhp of the IS200) than some 1.2 litre chavbox- so I guess you would want to fit some decent tyres (that worked well in the wet/dry etc) to a expensive car? No?

Not really. If you dordle around in an Aston Martin Vantage at 30 mph all day, your ling-langs, ling-longs, dinga-lings or whatever they are called would suit just fine. If you are no boy racer exploiting the limits of your cohesion with the road, you may as well save yourself a few bob.

Not really. If you dordle around in an Aston Martin Vantage at 30 mph all day, your ling-langs, ling-longs, dinga-lings or whatever they are called would suit just fine. If you are no boy racer exploiting the limits of your cohesion with the road, you may as well save yourself a few bob.

lol at ding dings !

my point exactly, there all tested within british standards : )

My point exactly, they're all tested within British standards : )

"In order to earn the circled 'E' on their sidewall, tyres have to pass the ECE R30 high-speed test, which ensures they can carry a specified percentage of their rated load at close to their rated maximum speed without failure. But there are no statutory tests of braking, handling or aquaplaning performance, and even the R30 test is considered inadequate by many car makers. In other words, just because a tyre can legally be sold in the UK, that is no guarantee of its performance in safetycritical aspects of normal driving."

Like has been said before if you can't afford to maintain your Lexus properly then buy something cheaper you can afford the upkeep on. Budget tyres don't have a place in this end of the market IMO.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links