Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well it's my fourth IS, two IS200s and two IS250s, and sadly it has to go.

I've been unemployed for six months and something has to give, unfortunately it looks like it has to be the Lexus.

I'll be sad to see it go after 27k fault free miles, but needs must. I'm looking round the dealers at the moment to see what I can get for a straight sale and will then look for something a bit older and a bit smaller. My son has just moved abroad to work so there is only going to be me in the car now so a luxury that I can no longer warrant.

If anybody knows anybody who wants one ;) It will be a help to me.

Sad to see it have to go, especially under those circumstances - hope you get a good price for it as it's a well looked after car. Also hope things turn around on the job front, it's a pretty c****y time at the mo if you're job hunting........

Sorry to hear it mate. You might get someone from the Forum, sounds like a goodun to me. Put the same post under the IS200 Section. Could be someone wanting to upgrade.

All the best.

I've been unemployed for six months and something has to give, unfortunately it looks like it has to be the Lexus.

Sorry to hear that Steve.You are a great contributer to this site unlike so many other lurchers!!!!!!!!Hope things pick upfor you soon !!!!

I'll be sad to see it go after 27k fault free miles, but needs must. I'm looking round the dealers at the moment to see what I can get for a straight sale and will then look for something a bit older and a bit smaller. My son has just moved abroad to work so there is only going to be me in the car now so a luxury that I can no longer warrant.

If anybody knows anybody who wants one ;) It will be a help to me.

Oh no!! That's a real bummer. Can't you just cut back on other things and keep it mate. You're bound to get a job soon. Things are supposed to be getting better. I'm keeping everything crossed that you get a position soon and can keep your Lexy...

Col... :crybaby:

Steve, very sorry to hear that you're saying bye to Lexus for now, but I'm sure you'll be back. Thanks for all your advice here over the years, and look forward to your continuing contributions.

Wishing you the very best Steve. Anyone on this site will know that your IS250 is probably as good an investment as a brand new one, as you have cared for it so well, and paid attention to the kind of details that even the dealer misses. If you are advertising online, put a link to this forum where buyers new to Lexus will see for themselves that your beloved IS250 is probably the best example currently on the market (by reading your posts and contributions over the years), good luck

thats terrible news Steve. hope everything works out for you. hope you'll continue contributing on this forum. You dont have to be an owner to contribute. specially with all the ones you've owned in the past and all the years experience.

How much did the dealers and webuyanycar offer you if you dont mind me asking? have you considered listing it on eBay? you may get a good price for it on an eBay auction

Webuyanycrap offered about £7k under top retail, Lexus ( so far ) about £6k under.

I'm just considering other options, a bit nervous with costs to sell it / if it doesn't sell and who it might invite round to view. Also looking at autotrader but that has it pitfalls too :(

or if you've got windows 7 or vista, the version of MS Paint even resizes now. But if you've got XP then you can use VSO-Image Resizer, excellent free utility

Oh dear, know what it feels like, happened to me twice in four years back in the 80's. Sounds like you've got your priorities right though. Cars are becoming more and more expensive to run due to motorists being mugged by the exchequer in an attempt to solve all the countries dire financial problems.

Hope something comes along for you in these difficult times and thanks for your many posts.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links