Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Bumper

hmmm im not sure tbh. I have been thinking about this for a while. A friend of mine bought a replica kit for his celica not so long ago and tbh its not the best of fit, They use the orginal bumpers as moulds apparently so they end up either being a little too big or a little too small. after seeing his bodykit its definately put me off replicas

i was thinking about one myself a week ago. got quoted from the same seller 120 pounds for spraying to kensington green.

went down to my locally trusted bodyshop, the guy said he had fitted a number of replica kits off the internet, they are usually a nightmare to fit, not really worth getting it in his opinion.

hope someone who has bought this replica can share his/her experience!

Well 2 days after ordering my parts arrived this morning and very impressed.

The rear valance is a perfect fit and the same goes for the skirts, quality is not bad at all on the FG, couple of small bits where it's a bit thin but for a kit from eBay I'd give it a 10/10 and I've bought some right garbage from eBay!!

For the price and quality, recommend to anyone.

Well 2 days after ordering my parts arrived this morning and very impressed.

The rear valance is a perfect fit and the same goes for the skirts, quality is not bad at all on the FG, couple of small bits where it's a bit thin but for a kit from ebay I'd give it a 10/10 and I've bought some right garbage from ebay!!

For the price and quality, recommend to anyone.

can you get some photo's up of the finished article please ?

IMG_0134.JPG

Not going to the bodyshop for a couple of weeks but I have test fitted the parts and they are perfect.

WARNING!!!

Please remember when ordering bodyparts to NOT sign for anything till you have opened the box and checked for damage, you may ***** the delivery driver but he's got to let you do it. If you get parts left at your neighbours, tell them to write NOT INSPECTED on the sheet if they are not going to open it.

hope all goes well, would be nice to see one fitted, i have seen the original ones on TDI'S site for £375 would the diference be worth it?

I'd be interested to see how this goes as well - pics please mate! :)

Took a couple of pics of the rear and sides today, please note these aren't fixed properly, I've just offered them up but you can see from the pics how good the fit is :)

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

I'd be interested to see how this goes as well - pics please mate! :)

Took a couple of pics of the rear and sides today, please note these aren't fixed properly, I've just offered them up but you can see from the pics how good the fit is :)

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

Good fitment!!! :winky: looks great

• 4 weeks later...

I have bought one of these replica bumpers and finally arrived yesterday after 10 days wait (as i asked them to paint it too)

i will let the pics do the talking

4565155653_d1bcc97c54_b.jpg

4565785556_177b94c3a5_b.jpg

4565155889_3c50d4857b_b.jpg

bad points:

1. despite being replica, fitting is not as bad as i thought, took me about 45 minutes to fit by myself, a LOT easier if you have extra pair of hands. you do have to bend the screw bracket on the wing a bit to fit.

2. cannot be mounted to the bottom tray, bottom of the bumper is no where near to the bottom tray, i may try to link it with a couple of thin metal plates.

3. fog lights will be quite a pain to put in, as the bumper is made by fibreglass, i.e. not flexible, the 'shark fin' clips on the fog light will be stuck halfway, so i think i will have to chop the clip off to fit.

4. there is no mounting points for headlight washer, you will have to cut holes and make your hole for mounting.

other than that, paint job is good, and not bad for a fibre glass replica at that price

i do have one question tho, where can you mount the horns? i made a misatake by mounting them on the metal armature - such a bad idea ;)

for a replica it looks gr8.you cant tell from the pics of the green 1. the only thing is i had a fiber glass front bumper on my old lex and i when i was turning round in the road the front hit the kerb (not hard) and it cracked the bumper and snaped one of the fixings. :angry:

i've orderded of this guy basically full kit... tbh you get wat you pay for my rear doesnt fully fit in the centre perfect to the bumper skirts, passenger side need abit more work to fit drivers side resonable but for the price i guess you cant complain still looks good... hope this helps27042010399.jpg

27042010401-1.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links