Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone, I have a 97 LS400 that has been my pride and joy for the last couple of years and I would love to have some guidance of the current market value. To help I have noted down some information:

180,000 miles

Gold (more silver/gold)

Fully serviced, incl timing belt, followers, water pump, brake disks and pads, wiper arms and blades

Fitted tow bar at huge expense (don't tell the wife!) and only used to tow a small caravan for 200 miles

Scratch to passenger rear door and some light scratching on boot lid, otherwise very straight

I expect to lose money as I get bored and change my cars every couple of years. This car is a fantastic drive and the quality is excellent. I am buying and old diesel Range Rover as I want a scruffy dog and the Lexus is far too beautiful to be subjected to such degredation!

All help of price and where to sell would be appreciated. I am realistic and would love the car to go to an enthusiast who would appreciate the car, as I have spent £££ on her!

David

Hi David

No idea on price - though having a look around & searching for others for sale could help.

Your best bet for selling it would be I guess Pistonheads or you could go 'Gold' here :)

Hi David

No idea on price - though having a look around & searching for others for sale could help.

Your best bet for selling it would be I guess Pistonheads or you could go 'Gold' here :)

Hi

Oops have I been told off? Am honestly asking those with more experience than myself as to how to sell my car. At school, I would at this point be outside the HEADMASTER's office, awaiting a good beating with a gym shoe.

Those were the days..........................

Hi David

Your best bet for selling it would be I guess Pistonheads or you could go 'Gold' here smile.gif

Janey, may I ask if you have a truncheon too?!

Ha ha ha ha - i guess thats another quote you dont want us mentioning to the wife eh ??

Hi David

Your best bet for selling it would be I guess Pistonheads or you could go 'Gold' here smile.gif

Janey, may I ask if you have a truncheon too?!

Ha ha ha ha - i guess thats another quote you dont want us mentioning to the wife eh ??

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh who said what...................?

I have just sold my 1998 LS400 MK4 (75k miles) for £2500 - I could have held out for more but the grief you get from supposed dealers and tyrekickers isn't worth the extra £500-1000.. There are others on eBay for £4k+ but they have been there a while. It's just plain wrong that cars should devalue so much - makes a mockery of us "going green" as a society. Keep the car industry moving more like!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1263548/Now-did-say-left-car-The-28m-backlog-perfectly-driveable-vehicles-waiting-SCRAPPED.html#ixzz0kDRpERmS

I have just sold my 1998 LS400 MK4 (75k miles) for £2500 - I could have held out for more but the grief you get from supposed dealers and tyrekickers isn't worth the extra £500-1000.. There are others on eBay for £4k+ but they have been there a while. It's just plain wrong that cars should devalue so much - makes a mockery of us "going green" as a society. Keep the car industry moving more like!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1263548/Now-did-say-left-car-The-28m-backlog-perfectly-driveable-vehicles-waiting-SCRAPPED.html#ixzz0kDRpERmS

Phew, glad I didn't see a Lexus in the photo !

Malc

That really is a shocking photo isn't it, hard to tell really but seems to be some really nice metal there. As we know the £2k scrapage hand out was

only worth £1k at best anyway.

Dave

A shocking sight. However, my son got £2k off the price of a new Abarth 500 for his old Cavalier - he was pleased as he only bought the Cavalier as a stop gap when he had his car written off by an inattentive driver.

Having said that, the Cavalier was very low mileage and was almost mint condition, but he had 2 years out of it.

Pete

They should run a scrappage/ scrappage scheme, a lot of euro 4 cars in that photo, There are plenty of countries running cars which don't even have a cat, a shipping cost fee & a straight swap would be more enviromentally friendly than scraping good cars while outher countries are running old sheds ( or am I being nieve ) :winky:

Looking at eBay, similar cars sold privately seem to be going under £1000. This is a disaster as I really hoped to get a minimum of £1500, considering the extensive servicing/condition. I would rather stash the car away than sell it for £500. Every day I get more confused and look with admiration at this amazing car. Fuel costs are only a part of a car's cost and I have found the Lexus to be outstandingly reliable and very, very well made. The quality is definitely better than my old (and now sold) RR Silver Spirit.

:(

Looking at Ebay, similar cars sold privately seem to be going under £1000. This is a disaster as I really hoped to get a minimum of £1500, considering the extensive servicing/condition. I would rather stash the car away than sell it for £500. Every day I get more confused and look with admiration at this amazing car. Fuel costs are only a part of a car's cost and I have found the Lexus to be outstandingly reliable and very, very well made. The quality is definitely better than my old (and now sold) RR Silver Spirit.

If you get a cheap lpg conversion done single point ( £700/800) your car would probably sell for around £2300 or you might end up keeping it as a cheap distance cruiser.

Looking at Ebay, similar cars sold privately seem to be going under £1000. This is a disaster as I really hoped to get a minimum of £1500, considering the extensive servicing/condition. I would rather stash the car away than sell it for £500. Every day I get more confused and look with admiration at this amazing car. Fuel costs are only a part of a car's cost and I have found the Lexus to be outstandingly reliable and very, very well made. The quality is definitely better than my old (and now sold) RR Silver Spirit.

If you get a cheap lpg conversion done single point ( £700/800) your car would probably sell for around £2300 or you might end up keeping it as a cheap distance cruiser.

Good point and one I hadn't considered. After the winter and my appalling driveway, i have defected to an old Range Rover! This year was a real eye-opener when my Dad had pheumonia in hospital, Mum had Bronchitis and I had to treck about the Forest of Dean in a Series One Land Rover because of the snow. My annual mileage isn't high, but the Lexus just won't get used now. :(

Hi everyone, I have a 97 LS400 that has been my pride and joy for the last couple of years and I would love to have some guidance of the current market value. To help I have noted down some information:

180,000 miles

Gold (more silver/gold)

Fully serviced, incl timing belt, followers, water pump, brake disks and pads, wiper arms and blades

Fitted tow bar at huge expense (don't tell the wife!) and only used to tow a small caravan for 200 miles

Scratch to passenger rear door and some light scratching on boot lid, otherwise very straight

I expect to lose money as I get bored and change my cars every couple of years. This car is a fantastic drive and the quality is excellent. I am buying and old diesel Range Rover as I want a scruffy dog and the Lexus is far too beautiful to be subjected to such degredation!

All help of price and where to sell would be appreciated. I am realistic and would love the car to go to an enthusiast who would appreciate the car, as I have spent £££ on her!

David

Hi. If you look at the Autotrader website you will see 1997 LS400s going for between £1000 and £4,000. I paid £2,600 for my 1998 (112,000 miles) in December

but that was from an extremely generous man and I probably should have paid more as he asked for £3,000 but I agreed to pay for a couple of small bits of

body damage.

Hi. If you look at the Autotrader website you will see 1997 LS400s going for between £1000 and £4,000. I paid £2,600 for my 1998 (112,000 miles) in December

but that was from an extremely generous man and I probably should have paid more as he asked for £3,000 but I agreed to pay for a couple of small bits of

body damage.

Dec 2007 I paid £3700 ( asking price was £4995 ) for my then almost like new August 1994, 8542 miles LS400 ( now 31500 miles ). My 1991 LS400 with 189k miles I actually gave away at that time !

Value of my present car, well, prob about zero' ish I would guess.

A later high mileager, well, I would guess you had best keep it and enjoy the trouble free and exceedingly comfortable motoring ! Value, with petrol at it's present level, I would guess not a lot I'm afraid.

There's loads for sale and I reckon they represent in the best part great value for money if you actually wanted to buy one. Sellers abound and market forces tell me that big older cars ( over 4 or so years old ) have bugger all value in them anymore.

Please tell me I'm hopelessly wrong !

Malc

body damage.

Dec 2007 I paid £3700 ( asking price was £4995 ) for my then almost like new August 1994, 8542 miles LS400 ( now 31500 miles ). My 1991 LS400 with 189k miles I actually gave away at that time !

Value of my present car, well, prob about zero' ish I would guess.

A later high mileager, well, I would guess you had best keep it and enjoy the trouble free and exceedingly comfortable motoring ! Value, with petrol at it's present level, I would guess not a lot I'm afraid.

There's loads for sale and I reckon they represent in the best part great value for money if you actually wanted to buy one. Sellers abound and market forces tell me that big older cars ( over 4 or so years old ) have bugger all value in them anymore.

Please tell me I'm hopelessly wrong !

Malc

Wish I could but will keep everyone posted!

LS 400`s are worth jack Shi*e

Fantastic cars, but don't waste your money on them unless you really intend to keep them for years to come.

I just sold my series 4,108k, FSH, updated sat nav,superb condition for £2000, sickening I know, but with petrol at £1.20 a Litre it was inevitable.

no the cars with LPG only seem to get another £200-300.

Put the car away in a garage or under a car cover and put a low mileage insurance policy on it, there not worth selling, i was looking at a cheap mk4 the other day didn't even think about selling my LPG mk3 just said to wife do you want it as it's worth FA to sell even with an LPG multi-point kit and won't cost much more then her car to run as she drives up and down motorway to work.

The long and short of it is that unless it's a mk4 in very good condistion with low miles it's worth less then £1500 and that will drop even further if fuel prices go up more, i got ym current LS last time fuel was this price for £800 and noone could believe the price i paid in the time since, i then fitted an LPG conversion now i wonder if that is going to out last the car or the car outlast it as it's built so well, i'm surprised LExus didn't jump the gun and do 7 year warrenty's on these in the 90's...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links