Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Prosecution Rules

insurance should have a visible sign that you have it

like tax disks , you can see at a glance who has or hasnt

unlike insurance ,there is no visible signs untill you get hit by them

various countries have a similar thing which is incorporated in the number plate

which then have to be replaced every year

is there a deterent to someone who doesnt want to pay for insurance

it certainly isnt a fine ,they wont want to pay that either

i vote ban them! (and cut their **** off)or (their **** off)

No point in banning them...they will still drive. (but ban them anyway)

A sodding great fine (greater than the cost of insurance in the first place)

If fine isnt payed then a stretch in the cells.

Should also do the 3 strike jobby.

No point in banning them...they will still drive. (but ban them anyway)

I'll post here what I just posted in the poll.

Insurance certificate to be displayed in car window like tax disk

no insurance certificate - car is towed and crushed.

best way forward but difficult to implement as would need serious anti-copying technology and therefore bump up premiums

best way forward but difficult to implement as would need serious anti-copying technology and therefore bump up premiums

we have the technology available to stop people copying £30 concert tickets.

same holographic mularkey could be used on insurance certificate.

cost would not be as much as we are paying to cover the a$$hats driving around with no insurance.

I agree with having to dispay an insurance certificate. A few years ago my insurance company (can't remember who it was) included a mini-certificate, complete with hologram IIRC, along with the usual certificate. They said it was part of a volitary scheme by insurance companies to introduce such a thing 'cos the Government wouldn't. Seems to have died off, which is a shame.

Also agree that fines (all fines) should be linked to income and/or cost forgone. Fines for non-insurance would always exceed the insurance not paid; Parking and speeding fines would be proportional to income or value of car.

The punsihment should fit the crime.

Let's be honest though.......can we see the current government (or indeed any other government for that matter, they're all the same) changing laws such as this?

At the moment, they take from the rich and give to the poor. Simple as that.

Sorry......turning this into a bit of a political conversation, but I think the reasons behind alot of what they do (things like this new insurance fraud law) is purely because of politics. Not road safety. Not revenue (we get stuffed in other places for revenue...cameras....tax....fuel....VAT). Not cleaner environment.

Parking and speeding fines would be proportional to income or value of car.

I disagree with that mate.

What you're saying is that if I speed, I should pay, say £200, and boy racer in his clapped out death-trap Nova if caught for speeding should pay £20 (figures plucked from air).

I wouldn't be happy with that at all, and I guess neither would anyone else on this board. What we're searching for ...... I assume ...... is a bit of equality. We pay ridiculous prices to stay legal, so should everyone else. If they dont, they should be fined heavily.

Hang 'em all by their googlies......... :blink:

What the politicians ?? Yes definitely :D

Mind you, very few of them have any balls... if you know what i mean :blink:

So have to find another part of their anatomy to string them up by.

If we could get a 'party leader' to voice our view ...

the rest of their party would blindly + unquestioningly agree with every word.

Just like they do on any other subject. What a bunch of toady low lifes.

A persons desire to become a politician should be sufficient grounds to prevent them from ever doing so :unsure:

"...What you're saying is that if I speed, I should pay, say £200, and boy racer in his clapped out death-trap Nova if caught for speeding should pay £20 (figures plucked from air)..."

No, that isn't what I meant at all. Of course fines would be subject to a minimum so he wouldn't get a £20 fine 'cos he was unemployed and only 17. He'd get £200 or £2,000 or whatever and/or go to jail for not paying.

The idea was that the sliding scale should slide upwards, not downwards to ensure that all criminals feel the pain.

I know this may sound odd, but perhaps what we need is more normally law-abiding people to drive without insurance ?

I pay £1200 a year on insurance, in theory I would have to get stopped by the cops once every 2 months before it would become cost effective for me to get insurance... hmm.... tempting!!

Once the government see half the drivers in the country figuring this out and driving without insurance maybe they might come up with tougher laws... at that time we can go back to being law-abiding :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links