Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

A Decent Deal On A '07 Se-L ?

Hi All,

I am just about to make the move from Volvo to Lexus... I have decided on the SE-L 250 auto as that has all the toys I am used to from my XC-70!

I've spotted an '07 plate SE-L MM with 22k on the clock at a stealer for £17k... this seems to be around the right price to me but I am not totally sure, would you say this is worth going for or should I hold out for a better deal?

Thank you in advance!!

I would suggest you use the Lexus web site and/or Autotrader to check your example against others of same spec and similar mileage for a price check. Internet makes it easy.

Low mileage for a 07 plate is good. Have a long test drive and inspect it closely all over. Make sure the alloys are not corroded and if so get them swapped.

Hope that helps and enjoy it if you go for it.

Hi All,

I am just about to make the move from Volvo to Lexus... I have decided on the SE-L 250 auto as that has all the toys I am used to from my XC-70!

I've spotted an '07 plate SE-L MM with 22k on the clock at a stealer for £17k... this seems to be around the right price to me but I am not totally sure, would you say this is worth going for or should I hold out for a better deal?

Thank you in advance!!

For that money have you considered the GS?

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the input!

I'm buying at a distance (although going to view + buy on site of course!) the photo of the one wheel showing does show a bit of corrosion starting to come through but apparently they will be 'prepped' before I get there so I will have a good look at them.

I hadn't really considered the GS as I was looking for something smaller and more fun / engaging to drive than the Volvo!!!!

Not sure or convinced "prepped" will really make any difference.

Any signs of corrosion and get the wheels swapped for new ones.

Thanks and good luck.

I agree with mraines - insist on getting the alloys swapped for new, if they're serious about selling they'll do it. I paid £20k at a stealership 8 months ago for my 07 plate IS250 SE-L Auto MM with sunroof and 8k on the clock. It's also worth haggling for 2 years warranty and/or 2 services included.

What a nightmare......

Put the deposit down last week, find out over the weekend that I am being put 'at risk' :tsktsk: so I can't risk buying a car then loosing my job.

I just hope I can get my deposit back from the dealer....

Back to being an 'aspiring' owner for a while I guess :crybaby:

What a nightmare......

Put the deposit down last week, find out over the weekend that I am being put 'at risk' :tsktsk: so I can't risk buying a car then loosing my job.

Back to being an 'aspiring' owner for a while I guess :crybaby:

Good luck with the decision on your job fella!

Thank you!

Good old public sector..... I'm sure it'll work out ok but it's all a worry!

At the moment I'm more concerned with getting my deposit back! When I asked on the phone specifically if it was refundable I was told yes but the paperwork states 'non-refundable..... Just waiting for the dealer to return my call!

• 5 weeks later...

Watch with some dealers! I leased mine over 3 years at 15,000 per year

Now my lease ends 1st September the sales guy rang me and told me it wasn't worth the resale value, put £5,000 in and he would get me a new one. TAWT

He said I had leased it at 12,000 miles per year! No I did not! Why would I sign up for and pay for 4 services, 15,000 per year = 45k 1 service every 10k

I believe the sales manager amended my forms as I drove the price down on the day!

I will probably buy it at the end so not a big deal. Otherwise it would cost me 10p per mile over 36,000! It's 41,000 now!

Firstly, sorry to hear about circs! I hope the job-thing works itself out.

You are buying the vehicle sight unseen and from a distance so you are protected by Distance Selling Regs. - you have put down a holding deposit, subject to satisfactory viewing and test drive. So if you turn up, view the car, drive it and don't like it ... lets say the colour isn't what you had thought it was from the pictures, you are entitled to a full 100% refund. If after driving it you find it too soft/hard/not to your liking - you are entitled to a full 100% refund. If you find the seats, having sat in them, are not to your liking - are entitled to a full 100% refund.

However if you simply change your mind, without viewing the car, and want your money back, then I think you are on very difficult shakey ground. I would not tell the Dealer anything about your change in circumstances; but rather go view it, and walk away saying Its not what you expected and ask for your money back. Anything else/any other reason, you are unlikely to get your 100% deposit back.

I prefer buying from a distance, and paying deposit on my credit card, as I am 100% protected. Thankfully the last 3 cars I have bought in this way, the deal has gone through, but if it did not, then I know my rights!

Firstly, sorry to hear about circs! I hope the job-thing works itself out.

You are buying the vehicle sight unseen and from a distance so you are protected by Distance Selling Regs. - you have put down a holding deposit, subject to satisfactory viewing and test drive. So if you turn up, view the car, drive it and don't like it ... lets say the colour isn't what you had thought it was from the pictures, you are entitled to a full 100% refund. If after driving it you find it too soft/hard/not to your liking - you are entitled to a full 100% refund. If you find the seats, having sat in them, are not to your liking - are entitled to a full 100% refund.

However if you simply change your mind, without viewing the car, and want your money back, then I think you are on very difficult shakey ground. I would not tell the Dealer anything about your change in circumstances; but rather go view it, and walk away saying Its not what you expected and ask for your money back. Anything else/any other reason, you are unlikely to get your 100% deposit back.

I prefer buying from a distance, and paying deposit on my credit card, as I am 100% protected. Thankfully the last 3 cars I have bought in this way, the deal has gone through, but if it did not, then I know my rights!

First time to know. Really thanks for such information. :)

Why would I sign up for and pay for 4 services, 15,000 per year = 45k 1 service every 10k...

Surely 4 x 15 = 60? ;)

...so that'd be 6 services (each serivce @ 10K)?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links