Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Colour For Kensington Green

tonz13

What other alloy wheel colours kensington green owners have on their rides? im getting mine refurb in 2 weeks time. but green is such a difficult colour to match anything else apart from factory silver? thought about bronze but the bloke said, if you kerbed it, the crack would turn black very quickly. so far i can only think of anthracite? i had white deep dish wheels on green cars before but the lexus alloys pattern doesnt suit white

any suggestions would be much appreciated!

I think anthrecite alloys make the car more discreet, less likely to turn heads, black turns heads but for the wrong reasons, I think black on green looks chavvy, I had the silver 11 spokes on my green one, and in all honesty, altho they were the standard 2004 wheels the car stood out to me as simply looking nice and tidy, it had 7 spoke chromes on initially but I also think they looked a bit chavvy,

if you can get some 18's in a nice shade of silver they would look really nice I think

hey man

the usual rule of thumb is dark wheels on lighter coloured cars and vice versa , i also have a k green se , i refurbed my wheels and went for gunmetal grey for a different look and i think it looks the dogs , painted my calipers gold which stands out against the darker colours but not too in your face , check out the pics , what you think ?

15052010020.jpg

14052010017.jpg

need to sort out my centre caps.

14052010016.jpg

14052010015.jpg

Thanks guys, i do agree with Rory, standard silver looks tidy on Green. Thanks Besty for your photos, i have the same 5 spoke alloys, gunmetal looks great too and bit more discreet, btw envy how shiney your bodywork is!

what about white as general suggested? is it 'too much' on green?

white to me has always been a rally colour for alloys, enough said lol, just my opininon again tho

I think you're right actually, I was just thinking of some 200sx (I used to have a couple), they look good with white alloys on green and same for bronze, not sure if it would work on the IS200 though...

g2.jpg

200sxgreen.jpg