Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The End Is Near

rajesh

Hello Guys;

Well it’s that time of my Lexus life to end....time to move into a new and unknown areas, new car, new style, new problems, new loves, and so on......

what happened to my Lex

i will be selling parts of my Baby, i think this would be better at lease my Lex can help others...how am i going to brake down my car, well i going to sort that out when the time comes

The car is in great Con (accept from the Auto GearBox)

on top of the norms of the car, IF i have none i will part Ex or scrap the Baby..

Pics of Car will fol;low

.. ..

:crybaby:

Edited by janey
Non-Gold Member

Sorry to see it has to end like this, would it not be better to fit a recon auto box though and sell the car?

a recon gear box is 300-400 and fitting lets say 200-300 so its almost 1000, and the car has done 125K so worth 1K - 1.2K if that.... -

Sorry to see it has to end like this, would it not be better to fit a recon auto box though and sell the car?

a recon gear box is 300-400 and fitting lets say 200-300 so its almost 1000, and the car has done 125K so worth 1K - 1.2K if that.... -

Ahh fair enough - or is the car running enough to be able to get it to a dealer of some sort and part/ex it for something else? :whistling:

Ahh fair enough - or is the car running enough to be able to get it to a dealer of some sort and part/ex it for something else? :whistling:

the Car is Dead...unable to drive...

the Car is Dead...unable to drive...

Replying to non-gold sales

Edited by janey

why brake down a car thats in good nick thats just sorry to say STUPID.....

sell it on eBay and be honest and say what the problem is you might make more than you think!!!!

put a reserve on it and get it sold........

FFS! What is this country coming to when a perfectly good car is scrapped for want of a gearbox and a few hours to fit it.... The repair manual is available on line and all the tools that you should need are available a Halfords. So rather than shell out a few hundred to sort it out its financially better to pay out a couple of grand on a newer banger which may well need further cash spending on it soon.... Madness!

why brake down a car thats in good nick thats just sorry to say STUPID.....

sell it on ebay and be honest and say what the problem is you might make more than you think!!!!

put a reserve on it and get it sold........

thank you for that option. - will look into it.....

FFS! What is this country coming to when a perfectly good car is scrapped for want of a gearbox and a few hours to fit it.... The repair manual is available on line and all the tools that you should need are available a Halfords. So rather than shell out a few hundred to sort it out its financially better to pay out a couple of grand on a newer banger which may well need further cash spending on it soon.... Madness!

Mate - i would if i had the time and know - how.....you have to bare in mind its done 125K.. anyway its time to go for a small fun car like when i was single.

Update -

i have to push the car, with some help!! - onto my drive, road tax cancelled - Insu on Hold - the car started but sounded odd, and no the gears were not working at all...

the Citroen DS3 is winning so far.

Edited by janey
non gold member

Big shame, but seriously if it was me I'd get it fixed. Even if it was only good enough to pass over to a garage in a PX.

Look at this for example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-LEXUS-200-2-0-AUTOMATIC-GEARBOX-03-72LS-/110445169501?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19b70b8b5d

£200 for gearbox and they do delivery / fitting service. If you could get the car down to them (not sure where you are based), you could possibly have it sorted for £300-350 TOTAL. Well worth it imo.

If you're trying to save money, I'm not sure a Citroen is the best way to go - I remember a few years ago at a motorshow I managed to dismantle the dash of a C3 with my bare hands and no real force to the surprise of some sales people :lol:

If you're trying to save money, I'm not sure a Citroen is the best way to go - I remember a few years ago at a motorshow I managed to dismantle the dash of a C3 with my bare hands and no real force to the surprise of some sales people :lol:

You could have probably dismatled the rest of the car with your foot :P

Mate - i would if i had the time and know - how.....you have to bare in mind its done 125K.. anyway its time to go for a small fun car like when i was single.

No one has the know how until they learn, there is always time to save yourself money and 125K miles is nothing to an IS... A realatively new Citroen will depreciate like a stone and will frequently have a problem with a module or a gizzmo failing..... But it's your money

I have the same problem. I've a perfectly good car (Y reg IS200 SE Auto with a few signs of ageing, especially the alloys, but otherwise in good knick) that the wife is making me get shot of because it's "too expensive" and "not suitable for the family". Had her (the car that is) from new and it's a painful thought of having to sell a car that's perfectly good and will be more reliable that the crud my wife has (i.e. a Renault Scenic!). Trying to delay the inevitable, but suppose it's getting to the point where it's either the car or the wife.

I saw a suggestion on here that eBay may be a good option to get a decent return. I did try a couple of garages, etc. and I nearly cried when they told me how much I'd probably get for it. Certainly no use for trading in for something else as I'm skint. I'm sure that if I had the means I could strip her down and sell the parts, but don't have the knowledge or time to do this. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how best to get a decent sale? :crybaby:

but suppose it's getting to the point where it's either the car or the wife.

I had pretty much the same dilemma.....Ho hum, time to go and wash the car.

For far less than the price of a mumsiemobile you can spruce your car up and make it look nice and sharp again

Hello Guys;

Well it’s that time of my Lexus life to end....time to move into a new and unknown areas, new car, new style, new problems, new loves, and so on......

Before doing anything rash, have a quick look at the post from MSC under IS200 engine & transmission "Manual/auto advice". He is replacing his stuffed engine with one from an IS200 Auto into his manual car & perhaps you could come to an arrangement with him over the auto box left over from this.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links