Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Healights Condensation

Hi everyone,

My IS200 headlights have a substantial amount of condensation, and its not looking good at all!

One of my friends suggest me to get a car detailer to restore them as it will be a cheaper option.

What do you guys suggest?

Do you know anyone who can do the job for me in Leicester?

I appreciate your comments

Thanks very much.

you can follow the how to for halo eyes and just re seal the units

Thanks very much for your reply.

Sorry if sounds silly, but if I re seal the units, will the condensation and "dusty look" disappear?

For example, whenever I wash the car, for the first few minutes the headlights look very clean, then the dusty condensation look comes back...

If it is just condensation, try this little trick. get a towel, fold a couple of times and put over affected light. Put dipped and main beam headlights on, leave for about 10 mins.

I got the little tip of these boards a couple of years back and it worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Yup,

Had the same problem. Dried out the headlamp and it came back again after a short time very frustrating.

Took the plunge and went to Lexus to get a replacement and it cost me £178. This was done just 6 weeks ago and no return and the car looks much better, so job done very happy!

Best of luck

Wayne

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links