Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cambel And Waterpump?

My 98 MkIV, at 105K mls is just about ready for the cambelt (last done at 69K)replacement. I am not aware of any problems with the waterpump but I am wondering (since I hope to keep the car for as long as possible) whether I should get the waterpump replaced at the same time. I would be grateful for members experience and/or opinions on this.

Thank you and best wishes

My 98 MkIV, at 105K mls is just about ready for the cambelt (last done at 69K)replacement. I am not aware of any problems with the waterpump but I am wondering (since I hope to keep the car for as long as possible) whether I should get the waterpump replaced at the same time. I would be grateful for members experience and/or opinions on this.

Thank you and best wishes

Don't think your cambelt will need doing before 132,000 miles or 10 years since it was last done anyway .... then worry about the waterpump !

Malc

Yep your next belt change is 66k after the last one so should be good till 135k I am not sure if it is 6 or 10 years timewise , In answer though if you are going to do the belt do the water pump at the same time. It may not have been done last time & it would be asking a lot of it to go 18 years or 190k till the next belt change.

Yep your next belt change is 66k after the last one so should be good till 135k I am not sure if it is 6 or 10 years timewise , In answer though if you are going to do the belt do the water pump at the same time. It may not have been done last time & it would be asking a lot of it to go 18 years or 190k till the next belt change.

Thanks guys, I do appreciate the advice.

Just out of interest ..... has any member EVER had their waterpump fail ?

My earlier 1992 LS400 was approaching 190k miles when I pensioned it off, ready for its next cambelt change and probably then I would have looked at the ( original ) waterpump issue seriously.

Malc

Just out of interest ..... has any member EVER had their waterpump fail ?

My earlier 1992 LS400 was approaching 190k miles when I pensioned it off, ready for its next cambelt change and probably then I would have looked at the ( original ) waterpump issue seriously.

Malc

I haven't but my mate in liverpool had his water pump fail about a thousand miles after lexus changed his cambelt at 130k. He replaced the lot then himself including tensioners & idlers.

That's really interesting then guys .......... we can safely look forward to the waterpump lasting until at least the 2nd cambelt change it seems ! say 130k miles as a minimum.

Are there any other experiences out there on waterpump longevity I wonder !!

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links