Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help Required - Is200 Uneven Ride Height

dj0nes

Howdie all,

I've just picked up a IS200 it's in really good condition in general- Only problem is that the Suspension is fooked!

The previous owner has said it has been lowered 50mm however it doesn't sit low enough in my opinion to have been dropped 50mm - This is not the problem though, the problem is to drive straight I need to hold the wheel at the 2'oc position, I took it to Merityre to get a 4wheel alignment done and they have brought it to my attention that is uneven! the car is slightly lower on one side that the other the suspension feels quite soft not what I would have expected from a lowered car.

I have checked and there is aftermarket springs on the car, I think they are purple as far as I remember.

Has anyone any suggestions what may be wrong? For example on one side I can stick three fingers between the wheel and the arch and the other side I can only fit two?!

74531101500935781288335.th.jpg

Hmm good one, is there anyway to tell without taking them off?

I am hoping this is just a case of the springs and not a deeper lying problem like it's been in a crash or something as I love this car. Would slightly uneven spring heights cause the steering wheel to be misaligned? It has had a 4wheel alignment they said they done it the best they could but couldn't correct it fully due to the height difference.

I'm no expert, but could it be that the 50mm drop has killed the OEM shocks? Not sure if that would cause the difference in height between the sides?

I do have to ask tho....did you test drive the car before you bought it :s

I was thinking the same regarding a road test before buying, the steering wheel alignment would have been obvious and alarm bells would have been ringing in my head.

It's going to be difficult to find the exact cause without dismantling the suspension and putting the springs side by side, another possibility is one of the springs is broken again not easy to see as it is common either the top or bottom coil that breaks

nope not been dropped 50mm mate...the rear wheel and the front wheel almost sits in the arch.....

i think you should get a new set of springs and get them fitted soulds like you have got a soft/sagging spring and yes just one spring can mahe the whole side lower,also the only purple springs i know of only drop the car 30-40mm...

Yeah I did briefly but I thought it would be a simple case of wheel alignment as he said it wasn't done.

We live and learn. My first Lexus had been through more accidents than an elderly person with an incontinence problem. Wasn't till I got it home and gave it a good washing that I could see it was made from 90% polyfilla :P

Cheers mate, I thought it was too high for 50mm! I might just try ride it out (excuse the pun) for a month or so and buy a set of coilovers so I can drop it properly.

how far you wanting to drop it?mines dropped 90mm front 100mm rear..but i will warn you going out in it req a lot of planning...lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links