Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Key Boot Button

Hello all,

Please excuse the complete n00bie first post.

I have just bought a 2001 IS200 Sport. I notice that the keys (of which I have two) have a button which appears as if it should open the boot remotely. However this button doesn't seem to do anything on either key - pushing it does nothing.

I can open the boot fine using the drivers side lever, I've made sure the key slot is vertical, and both keys otherwise work fine. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is something likely broken?

Feel free to tell me to RTFM ... unfortunately I can't as the car didn't come with one! I am looking to get one at some stage, as soon as I can find one that isn't overpriced. So apologies if this information is in the handbook :blush:

Thanks

I had this problem and it turned out that the button was jammed. It took ages but I had to go around the button with a sharp knife to free it up. It now unlocks the boot when pressed for a couple of seconds.

Hmm interesting - I've tried holding it down for over 10 seconds, the light flashes on the key, but nothing happens.

I might have to have a closer look at the keys themselves ... although it's odd that it happens on both.

It's not a massive issue ... just slightly annoying!

This caught me out too, thought my button was broken until I read the manual and realised you had to press and hold!

If both keys are doing it though then maybe it's a problem with the signal being sent to the locking mechanism. I'd be clueless on how to sort that out though - sorry!

Put your head near the boot and press and hold the button - if you don't hear any click as it releases then there must be a problem with the lock.

Also try changing the batteries, for some reason when the batteries get low the boot stops working first (maybe because it needs a longer signal)

Thanks guys for the suggestions.

I too thought it might be a Battery thing, but one of the keys has a brand new Battery (as it was completely dead when I bought the car), and that one won't work either. So both keys work fine in the car, yet refuse to open the boot. However I can open it with the key or with the lever in the cabin just fine.

I'll try the listening thing, but I suspect something's broken somewhere. If so and it's not an easy fix, I'll just live with it!

The reason I said that is that the lever in the car is mechanical so doesn't necessarily prove that it's working.

As far as I know there should only be one code for the doors and the boot so it doesn't make sense for the fob to open one and not the other, which does point to the fact there's probably a problem with whatever it is in the boot that releases it when it gets the remote signal.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links