Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Paint Codes

Hi

I got a blue IS200 2003 model but as i realised there are 2 type of blue for it, wanted to buy a grille but sods law they havent got it in same colour as mine, other colours yes, that other blue yes but nope not my specific blue paint work !!!GRRR!!!!! as i found out that stickers says 8N8 am i looking at the correct section ? i understand the other blue is 8M6 which doesnt say it anywhere on mine.

its on your vin plate under the bonnet, i'm not well up on the blues (lol, tickled me that) but it sounds familiar

Thanks i double check on that next day or so just damm cold right now lol i do know its usually on 2 places somewhere in the car, bonnet as you say & the door if you open it, it is on alot other jap cars ! the guy seemed he knew what i on about didnt say 'never heard such code'....

in all honesty i've never looked on the door part, I remember from my old car finding the paint code but now i'm not sure if it was under the bonnet or near the door, but yeh it'll be there somewhere

Hi

I got a blue IS200 2003 model but as i realised there are 2 type of blue for it, wanted to buy a grille but sods law they havent got it in same colour as mine, other colours yes, that other blue yes but nope not my specific blue paint work !!!GRRR!!!!! as i found out that stickers says 8N8 am i looking at the correct section ? i understand the other blue is 8M6 which doesnt say it anywhere on mine.

hi,yes you are looking at the right section and yes there are 2 blues - 8n8 which is the colour of mine too and 8m6 which is the other blue.hope this helps?

Hi

hi,yes you are looking at the right section and yes there are 2 blues - 8n8 which is the colour of mine too and 8m6 which is the other blue.hope this helps?

Yes thanks that helps ! i hope getting other ready painted items isnt a problem seeing lexus havent got a sport grille in 8n8 ! thanks guys !

Yep 8N8 is the right one for a 2003 car (strathcaron blue) - the sports grille was never available in 8N8 so it isn't a stock problem. You'll have to buy another colour and have it painted.

Hi

Yes thanks that helps ! i hope getting other ready painted items isnt a problem seeing lexus havent got a sport grille in 8n8 ! thanks guys !

Hi,just a thought get a black one and especially as the standard one the car came with is sort of black you won't need to paint it(assuming you like it that is?)

its on your vin plate under the bonnet, i'm not well up on the blues (lol, tickled me that) but it sounds familiar

Thanks i double check on that next day or so just damm cold right now lol i do know its usually on 2 places somewhere in the car, bonnet as you say & the door if you open it, it is on alot other jap cars ! the guy seemed he knew what i on about didnt say 'never heard such code'....

It's also on the V5, you probably keep that somewhere warm.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links