Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Lexus Ls400

SGTFUZZ

NEW LEXUS LS400 but it my first lexus

well my name carl im from northampton and i have drove a mercedes 190e

Now i have just got myself a 1991 ls400 1 small problem gearbox has gone so in need of a gearbox plz

CAN SUMONE HELP

JUST SUM SPECS

WELDED DIFF

LOWERED

CARBON WRAPPED BONNET AND BOOT

EXHAUST SYSTEM

INDUCTION KIT

CBP9pvgmkKGrHqQOKm8Ez39zRQDRBNG3TS7VQ_12.jpg

CBP92gBWkKGrHqMOKiUEzU9b9cBNG3T6hfg_12.jpg

Hi and welcome to the LOC.

I saw this one on eBay, as Malc says Maurice usually has some transmissions for sale,good prices too!

If you're planning on using it on the road I would also replace the welded up differential,they are OK for drifting but will wear your tyres out quickly on the road and this may have contributed to the transmission failure.

Some good resource sites are www.lexls.com and www.lextreme.com not forgetting this forum of course!

Keep us updated on the project.

It should fit as it will be the 3 speed with overdrive transmission on these models.

The part numbers are different

35000-50013 for the 07/90 to 07/92

35000-50070 for the 08/92 to 09/94

Lexus often change part numbers on a year change but they are the same thing,when I ordered my lower ball joints the part number had been changed 3 times but it was the same part.

There may have been slight differences perhaps with the gear ratios but physically it should be a straight fit.

If you can also get the matched torque convertor and the transmission ECU with the donor transmission that would help.

I noticed there is a differential on Fleabay too if you are replacing that as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links