Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who Has A Spare Ls400 N/s Door Mirror

Hi Guys

Went to collect my Mk4 LS400 from my bodyman who had sprayed the whole of the near side where some retard had keyed it just before Christmas. Whilst he had it I asked him to respray the door mirrors which had become 'mottled' and also the o/s corner of the back bumper where some delightful young thing had dinged it with her tank and buggered off. All in all £820 for cash - it would have been a lot more with insurers involved.

Trouble is that when he took the door mirrors off, something inside broke on the nearside one and he is beside himself with embarassed depite me saying that these things happen.

So what I need is the squarish plastic plate that sits behind the actual mirror - or any of the guts that I can find. Needless to say the resprayed outer casing is perfect. Just to remind you - it is the nearside door mirror - LS400 Mk4 - 1998

Any help would be appreciated - especially by my bodyman

Cheers

Rod

OK you parts geru's - I have been offered a power folding door mirror which is reputed to come off a circa 1994 LS400.

I thought that the power folding option was only offered on the Mk4. If I am wrong, all I can say is that the picture of the one I have been offered looks remarkably like the one on my Mk4. In any event, do you think that the internal mechanical bits would swap over to my mirror?

Thanks in anticipation

Rod

The power mirrors were fitted to the JDM models,mine is a 1994 and has them.

The exploded parts diagram doesn't help as it just shows the mirror as a complete unit so there are no internal parts to compare,I know the mirror casing was changed on the later models but there would probably be no need to alter the internals.

The only way to find out is get the 2 side by side,if the spare mirror is a reasonable price it may be worth buying just to see.

If it is the same you have saved yourself some money,if it's different there's always eBay for reselling it.

Thanks Steve

Top advice as we have come to expect from you :winky:

Regards

Rod

Hi Rod ive just been through the same thing & bought a 94 mirror, nothing like a 98 mark4 i thought mark 3s were the same though.

You are right Mark

I bought the power folding door mirror which is reputed to come off a circa 1994 LS400 for under £30 plus £10 p+p but whilst it looked the same as my Mk4 it is actually quite different.

On the bright side, my bodyman has an apprentice who spends his spare time as a chav messing about with cars and he has brought my existing mirror back to life.

So - does anyone want the mirror I just bought?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310282361752&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Rod

You are right Mark

I bought the power folding door mirror which is reputed to come off a circa 1994 LS400 for under £30 plus £10 p+p but whilst it looked the same as my Mk4 it is actually quite different.

On the bright side, my bodyman has an apprentice who spends his spare time as a chav messing about with cars and he has brought my existing mirror back to life.

So - does anyone want the mirror I just bought?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310282361752&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Rod

Hi Rod,

does this have the photochromatic glass? if so I might have a little project in mind ;)

Andy

Hi Andy

Not sure how I would identify the photochromatic glass.

If it helps there are various numbers stamped on the base:-

III E6 inside a circle next to 019243

Then e6 inside a rectangle followed by 02*9243

Hope this helps. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Rod

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links