Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Competent Mechanic/diyer In Surrey Area?

dj0nes

Hey guys,

Forgive me if this breaks the rules of the forum I did check the terms and conditions and nothing advising against this sort of post..

I am based in Kingston Upon Thames (Just outside of Surrey) and would like to know if anyone in the local area fancies helping me fit new pads, discs and overhaul the braking system on my car, bleed it and sort our a sticky caliper.

Of course I will make it worth your while in terms of beer tokens ;)

If anyones interested please drop me a PM, I don't mind traveling if need be.

Depends how far you want to travel? I am in Basingstoke and don't mind helping.

Hey, if your going to travel up, give me a shout and, if I'm not busy, I'll come down and meet you somewhere in Basingstoke and then we could convoy up together and make it a mini fix it meet!!!

I'm always up for offering a hand..

Thanks

Mike

Yeah, good to meet you mate and handy to find out the odbII reader won't work :(

Shame mr dj0nes didn't show up so no car to work on. Not much we could do other than drink tea and natter.

Yeah, odd isn't it. I told him I didn't want anything for doing the work. Hopefully nothing serious has happened to the fella. It was good to meet another fellow LOC'er though :)

Yeah, and I found soemone to give me a hand to replace my front lower balljoint when I get round to doing it :)

Mike

Give me a shout when you are doing it and I will come up as well :) just done the balljoints on mine ;)

Andy

When I did my lower ball joints I managed to modify my "turn the bolt " type splitter because the fork wouldn't fit around the stem of the ball joint but it must have weakened it because it broke,had to also modify a hammer in type but it did the job.

The hammer worked fine without modification though!

Andy,

Will do mate.

How much are they each from the dealer...In fact, how much for both....in for penny and all that :)

Thanks

Mike

Cool, will get my spanners sorted out :)

Can do a pair of balljoints to you for £139.68 all in ;)

Andy

hmmmm,

What do you reckon THESE are like?

Worth a shot as they are only £52 per pair?

Thanks

Mike

Look good, only thing I dont like about them is the lack of location bush so hopefully the bolt holes are smaller.

Andy

I looked at the LS ones on ebay at the same price but wasn't sure of the quality so went OEM from Lexus Derby at £120.00 the pair all in.

That was a good price but how long ago was it?

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links