Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thought ( new ) bonnet mascots in the UK might actually now be banned in view of road safety when a pedestrian jumps out and hits the bonnet.

Worth checking maybe !! ? !

Malc

Thought ( new ) bonnet mascots in the UK might actually now be banned in view of road safety when a pedestrian jumps out and hits the bonnet.

Worth checking maybe !! ? !

Malc

As far as I know, the only new mascots banned are the fixed ones. The ones that collapse on impact are still legal I thought.

I would imagine it would be stolen or wrecked in minutes,I've already got a mascot on my bonnet,if anyone goes near the car it bites!!!!!

beaver10950.jpg

Nice Beaver :winky: LOL

Andy

Hi there

I've had a bonnet mascot on my LS400 for over 6 years (fixed) and it has always sailed through the MOT with no comment

I did have it snapped off by some tow-rag about 3 years ago but managed to get a replacement from Hong Kong (About £10.00 inc postage)

Hi there

I've had a bonnet mascot on my LS400 for over 6 years (fixed) and it has always sailed through the MOT with no comment

I did have it snapped off by some tow-rag about 3 years ago but managed to get a replacement from Hong Kong (About £10.00 inc postage)

I think the biggest issue is when indeed something happens with a pedestrian and the insurance company discovers the (non-mentioned) mascot!

Any pics of it on the car?

I guess one would have to declare the car as modified for insurance purposes then .......... wonder what they would say !

Malc

I'd love to see their faces if I told them I had a beaver on the bonnet!!!!!

Hi there I attach a picture of my LS400 with bonnet mascot post-9019-0-34865200-1297420778.jpg

Don't wanna sound picky..but it's kinda hard to see LOL

Don't think it's a beaver!

DEF. not a beaver :)

Hi there

I'm sorry for the not posting a very informative picture of my LS400 with bonnet mascot - there was quite a discussion about this subject two or three years ago on the Lexus site when I posted a better photo but I cannot find it now - I have taken a new one of the bonnet mascot fixed to my car hoping it gives a clearer view.

MJM444

post-9019-0-32780600-1297518223.jpg

Hi there

I'm sorry for the not posting a very informative picture of my LS400 with bonnet mascot - there was quite a discussion about this subject two or three years ago on the Lexus site when I posted a better photo but I cannot find it now - I have taken a new one of the bonnet mascot fixed to my car hoping it gives a clearer view.

MJM444

Thanks, that is indeed a lot clearer.

It looks good

I used to have a MB S500L and loved the gun sight on the bonnet, and always felt my LS needed one.

In my personal opinion it looks like an add on and doesn't fit the style of the car.

I don't know why, its very subjective.

2943120362_a7eb24aac3.jpg

In actual fact it sticks onto the bonnet wih supplied adhesive taped base- I stuck in on, and it stayed secure over six years- when it was broken by forementioned toe-rag I removed the base section carefully that was still left on the bonnet and there was no apparent damage at all to the paintwork NB No drillig inolved at all - And furher to comments by other members as regards the safety aspect = I am sure that a decent bump against the mascot in collision with someone or person it would come away from the bonnet relatively easy

MJM444

Ruud, I like it a lot!

But I hate to punch a hole in the still immaculate hood of my LS430...

p1010042q.jpg

Jac

In my personal opinion it looks like an add on and doesn't fit the style of the car.

I must admit that you most certainly have a point.

I tried it on for size (please accept my apologies for my clumsy drawing-capabilities... it is just to give myself an idea how it probably could look).

And came to the following:

metmascottemetgrillelog.jpg

If the original grille would have no logo, the add-on mascotte certainly would look much more acceptable, but the grille and front of the car is not to my taste:

metmascottezondergrille.jpg

So, all in all, I think no, not for an LS430.

Jac

I must admit that you most certainly have a point.

I tried it on for size (please accept my apologies for my clumsy drawing-capabilities... it is just to give myself an idea how it probably could look).

And came to the following:

metmascottemetgrillelog.jpg

If the original grille would have no logo, the add-on mascotte certainly would look much more acceptable, but the grille and front of the car is not to my taste:

metmascottezondergrille.jpg

So, all in all, I think no, not for an LS430.

Jac

I totally agree with you Jac, it looks a bit 'double'.

I don't think I'll be buying one either :)

Damn, yes that's what bugged me, the double logos. I think the MB looks good as its more delicate, can be angled back and its at the very front of the bonnet that's got a much more vertical drop to the grill.

Looks worse on the 430 as its bonnet is curvy and shallower drop to the grill, the mascot has to go so far back.

Good illustration tho!

My conclusion is that bonnet mascots only suit cars with 'cliff face' front ends, so that's Mercs and yank cars then :)

• 11 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links