Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Would You Change ?

Monies no object.

If you were granted one wish what one thing would you change on your Lexus LS400????? :P

Also what is the one thing you hate to see being altered on a Lexus LS400??? :ohmy:

Mike

Monies no object.

If you were granted one wish what one thing would you change on your Lexus LS400????? :P

Also what is the one thing you hate to see being altered on a Lexus LS400??? :ohmy:

Mike

Wheels

One thing I hate? a V8 badge stuck on the rear end and front wheel arches, yuk!!

I would have an instrument cluster rebuilt to put the speedo on the right and the tach. on the left, so I can slouch against the armrest and clearly see the speedo. the Factory would do a one-off, right, money no object??

Monies no object.

Mike

More walnut and a walnut steering wheel.

Dont like much i the way of changes to the outside. Wheels included. Sorry!

I agree with the wood inside. You can get a fake wood kit from the US, but I'm not sure that's the way to go. Might look cheap...

I would change wheels as well, but not just any wheels....

These babies :)

waldAlloys.jpg

waldls400.jpg

Now that's what I mean, look at that picture, nothing from the early 90's comes close to looking so good, not even a Rolls (actually, especially a Rolls!)

I would change wheels as well, but not just any wheels....

These babies :)

waldAlloys.jpg

waldls400.jpg

Now that's what I mean, look at that picture, nothing from the early 90's comes close to looking so good, not even a Rolls (actually, especially a Rolls!)

Really? That one has a rather expensive Wald kit on, in standard form they are not really that pretty! The only reason i have an UCF20 is because they are really confortable, awesome engine and I picked it up for 800quid!

Handling, power and 'soul', my 97 was like a water bed and never felt fast enough. Not saying it wasn't fast, just didn't feel it. The float could've been sorted with suspension changes. As for 'soul', well I still miss my old 'S' class MB, but I don't miss my LS400 anywhere near as much. I'm still more likely to get another one, probably a LS430 when every dumps them due to fuel price, as theres no excuse for unreliability especially from a MB (heres hoping :))

I would change the front and side indicators to clear, and the bulbs to silvatech so there's no orange. I would change the rear clusters to a smoked set. I would have traction control, and a switch for the suspension, just to change it from comfort, to road holding. I would love those wheels Ruud sugested, but polish the rim, and paint the centres to match the car (Gunmetal Grey)and some bigger brakes all round. De badge just the LS400 and leave the Lexus 'L' in place front and rear. Have a light tint on the rear windows, and change the stereo for a car pc with a 10" multitouch screen in the front, and screens in the headrests, Sat-Nav etc... Change the electric ariel for a small understated sharkfin antenna for satnav/radio/phone.

Oh, and put it into a garage, and get EVERYTHING checked over, and replaced if worn, and the entire bodywork given a good going over, and respraying in the same colour. And the same for the interior!

Maybe a BMW V8 stuck in the front?

And a full valet, and change the carpets, and upholstry...

Just a bit of TLC really... lol :wub:

Brian :)

I would change the front and side indicators to clear, and the bulbs to silvatech so there's no orange. I would change the rear clusters to a smoked set. I would have traction control, and a switch for the suspension, just to change it from comfort, to road holding. I would love those wheels Ruud sugested, but polish the rim, and paint the centres to match the car (Gunmetal Grey)and some bigger brakes all round. De badge just the LS400 and leave the Lexus 'L' in place front and rear. Have a light tint on the rear windows, and change the stereo for a car pc with a 10" multitouch screen in the front, and screens in the headrests, Sat-Nav etc... Change the electric ariel for a small understated sharkfin antenna for satnav/radio/phone.

Oh, and put it into a garage, and get EVERYTHING checked over, and replaced if worn, and the entire bodywork given a good going over, and respraying in the same colour. And the same for the interior!

Maybe a BMW V8 stuck in the front?

And a full valet, and change the carpets, and upholstry...

Just a bit of TLC really... lol :wub:

Now I get most parts. I have bought clear indicators from the US and also clear side repeaters......but a BMW V8?? What benefit comes from that?...less reliability for sure!

More power?

if it's just more power, there are better options available. I would not change the engine, but work with what you got......you could get a supercharger :)

Now I never said it's a pretty car, just a classic. And when you compare it to the competition (of the time) in my opinion nothing in its class looks as good, regardless of body kits. Mine was parked near an M reg S Class the other day, the rear of the Lexus still looked good, the Merc looked like a tea chest! Just my opinion of course.

I would like to be able to release the boot with the motor running.... B) I have many times wanted to let the engine warm up and then not unreasonably wanted to put something in the bleedin boot....switch engine off.....open boot....then more wear and tear on the old starter....nothing major....but very annoying safety nonsense :P

I only wish you could operate the windscreen washers separately from the wipers. I just hate the way the wipers spread all the dust around - possibly scratching the glass - before the water has made it through the pipes.

One thing I don't like to see is aftermarket wheels (sorry guys)! To me, they almost always look plain wrong and IMHO devalue the car.

I only wish you could operate the windscreen washers separately from the wipers. I just hate the way the wipers spread all the dust around - possibly scratching the glass - before the water has made it through the pipes.

One thing I don't like to see is aftermarket wheels (sorry guys)! To me, they almost always look plain wrong and IMHO devalue the car.

The after market wheels can be very nasty, but, if good quality ones are fitted I think they can improve the look of the LS400. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :hehe:

Exactly

Now then Steve, as a man who quotes Oscar Wilde, do you think he would be satisfied with the original, or something a bit "fancy?"

Exactly

I also think that most aftermarket wheels don't suit the LS, however, a nice 'closed' wheel like the stock one might do the trick. Not the 'can you see my calipers' type.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links