Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Better Than I Thought

TonyB

Just a quick one, I must admit that I thought this car was going to be

a Glorified toyota and not representative of the Lexus Brand, Picture's didn't look inspiring.

Yesterday had to have new tyre....and sat in the new CT........It's actually rather good...

much Bigger than I thought Too.... and 70 to the gallon.

That's good to hear, haven't seen one in the flesh but from the pics the interior does look like a nice place to be. It's the exterior that I have the main problem with (looks too much like an Auris) and also that there could have been a more powerful version with maybe the drivetrain out of the HS250h.

a Glorified toyota and not representative of the Lexus Brand, Picture's didn't look inspiring.

Yesterday had to have new tyre....and sat in the new CT........It's actually rather good...

I'd recommend a drive it's really quite good. Firm on the 17 inch rims but feels good on the road

• 2 weeks later...

Had a test drive on Saturday OK not a must have car very firm ride very expensive for what you get the mid range one is £27500 you are difinatly paying for the Hybrid name.

Also looked at the Nissan Leaf...........110 mile Range, All the Toys, 0-60 7.5 secs. 95 top end. 25k (after 5K gov Subsidy) I could live with one of these............won't be to long, though, before there are better alternatives i guess.

• 2 months later...

Would back this topic up - now I have mine I am more than happy, I would say it is one of the best cars I have driven or owned. Very happy with the MPG, far superior to what I was getting on my IS220D and am looking at 100+ miles more per tank (even though the CT is 3/4 size tank than the IS220)

haven't had to change my driving style too much to get great mpg, probably not even driving it correctly yet to get the best but am easily getting 56mpg+ on a mixture of town and motorway driving.

to me appears to be slightly more room in the back than the IS220d which is another plus point and the seats are extremely pleasant. As for all the toys, goes without saying they are all top notch, ML stereo and Sat Nav really are superb and all very easy to use, love the Remote Touch, great bit of kit.

Bad Points? Not really TOO bad BUT........boot is very small but if you don't regularly pack you boot to the hilt its not a problem. Also didn't realise the passenger seat was manually adjusted with no height adjustments, seems strange to me but again not a major problem.

The worst thing I'm finding is pedestrians, especially in car parks, walking out in front of you, it really is a problem!

The worst thing I'm finding is pedestrians, especially in car parks, walking out in front of you, it really is a problem!

I get that regularly with my GS430...

Would back this topic up - now I have mine I am more than happy, I would say it is one of the best cars I have driven or owned. Very happy with the MPG, far superior to what I was getting on my IS220D and am looking at 100+ miles more per tank (even though the CT is 3/4 size tank than the IS220)

haven't had to change my driving style too much to get great mpg, probably not even driving it correctly yet to get the best but am easily getting 56mpg+ on a mixture of town and motorway driving.

to me appears to be slightly more room in the back than the IS220d which is another plus point and the seats are extremely pleasant. As for all the toys, goes without saying they are all top notch, ML stereo and Sat Nav really are superb and all very easy to use, love the Remote Touch, great bit of kit.

Bad Points? Not really TOO bad BUT........boot is very small but if you don't regularly pack you boot to the hilt its not a problem. Also didn't realise the passenger seat was manually adjusted with no height adjustments, seems strange to me but again not a major problem.

Hi, I'm still waiting for mine so I'm a bit envious... Glad to hear that you're enjoying it though, there seems to be a lot of unfair criticism aimed at this car but I can't wait till mine arrives especially since my current car seems to be rattlier each time I drive it :( I test drove both the 16" and 17" wheel versions and thought that the 17" wheels actually felt better, not to mention looked nicer. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the reduced storage in the CT, I'm not sure where where I will put my garage door opener....

The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the reduced storage in the CT, I'm not sure where where I will put my garage door opener....

I think the CT has a homelink garage door opener as an accessory option, that could be an option :)

The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the reduced storage in the CT, I'm not sure where where I will put my garage door opener....

I think the CT has a homelink garage door opener as an accessory option, that could be an option :)

Thanks for the suggestion, I will ask the dealer the next time I speak to him, but have to admit that I know next to nothing about this. Not trying to penny-pinch or anything but can I justify spending X-amount extra on something just because I have nowhere to put a garage door opener, especially since I don't tend to keep my cars all that long?

Thanks for the suggestion, I will ask the dealer the next time I speak to him, but have to admit that I know next to nothing about this. Not trying to penny-pinch or anything but can I justify spending X-amount extra on something just because I have nowhere to put a garage door opener, especially since I don't tend to keep my cars all that long?

Just looked in the accessories brochure (LINK) and it costs £250 so not really worthwhile!

Just looked in the accessories brochure (LINK) and it costs £250 so not really worthwhile!

There's one available for the IS series so I enquired for the IS-F, but Lexus Cheltenham said they would not recommend it as they have had problems with the ones they have fitted so far. For the price I've found Velcro works quite well, or you could go downmarket and use Bluetack to hold the opener in a convenient place on the dash :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links