Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Excellent Customer Service

I have had my 06 plate IS220 SE for about 18 months now and apart from the disappointing fuel economy (Average 33 MPG conbined), I have had no problems and am pleased with the purchase. The car is just coming up to 85600 miles on the clock and is no longer under warrenty.

Last week was about 70 miles from home when the engine management, red triangle and skid lights came onto the dashboard with a message saying "Check VSC". The car then went into "limp mode" and I struggled home at no more than 40 MPH.

Booked the car into my local Lexus dealer in Milton Keynes the next day on the understanding that it was going to cost me £100 for an hours labour to check the problem out and then they would contact me to let me know what the problem was and how much it was going to cost to put right.

Had a call later the next day to say that the catalytic converter was at fault and needed to be replaced. Was told that it would cost around £2000 to carry out the required work but they were speaking to Lexus UK to see if they would be prepared to meet some of the cost of the replacement cat.

Had a couple of sleepless nights at the weekend worrying about where I was going to find £2000 to sort the car out. Imagine my surprise and delight when the dealership contacted me Monday morning to say thay Lexus UK had agreed to fund the full cost of the replacement catalytic converter.

I have just collected my car from the dealership, all sorted and at no cost to myself.

What I'm really impressed about is the fact that Lexus Milton Keynes arranged everything with the manufacturer without me even asking. There is obviously a known problem with the catalytic converter on these cars and Lexus UK have done the right thing and sorted it out.

I'm very happy with the Lexus customer service.

I have had my 06 plate IS220 SE for about 18 months now and apart from the disappointing fuel economy (Average 33 MPG conbined), I have had no problems and am pleased with the purchase. The car is just coming up to 85600 miles on the clock and is no longer under warrenty.

Last week was about 70 miles from home when the engine management, red triangle and skid lights came onto the dashboard with a message saying "Check VSC". The car then went into "limp mode" and I struggled home at no more than 40 MPH.

Booked the car into my local Lexus dealer in Milton Keynes the next day on the understanding that it was going to cost me £100 for an hours labour to check the problem out and then they would contact me to let me know what the problem was and how much it was going to cost to put right.

Had a call later the next day to say that the catalytic converter was at fault and needed to be replaced. Was told that it would cost around £2000 to carry out the required work but they were speaking to Lexus UK to see if they would be prepared to meet some of the cost of the replacement cat.

Had a couple of sleepless nights at the weekend worrying about where I was going to find £2000 to sort the car out. Imagine my surprise and delight when the dealership contacted me Monday morning to say thay Lexus UK had agreed to fund the full cost of the replacement catalytic converter.

I have just collected my car from the dealership, all sorted and at no cost to myself.

What I'm really impressed about is the fact that Lexus Milton Keynes arranged everything out with the manufacturer without me even asking. There is obviously a known problem with the catalytic converter on these cars and Lexus UK done the right thing and sorted it out.

I'm very happy with the Lexus customer service.

Average 33 MPG combined......i'd be happy with that. I getting 27.3 on my 06 220D with 40k on the clock!!!!

Great news by the way.

Average 33 MPG combined......i'd be happy with that. I getting 27.3 on my 06 220D with 40k on the clock!!!!

That's insane - there's got to be something wrong with your engine.

I'm averaging 33mpg and that's with the petrol engine.

I thought the same. The car has been serviced every 10K, the last being in February. I would have thought if there was something wrong, it would have been picked up then, don't you think?

Perhaps MPG will improve now with a new cat fitted,if it was causing an obstruction to the exhaust gas flow it may have had effects on fuel economy.It will be a double bonus if you get increased MPG!

Milton Keynes are the 4th Lexus dealer I have tried and I must say the best by a huge margin, nice people to deal with and clearly on the customer's side in a dispute.

Milton Keynes are the 4th Lexus dealer I have tried and I must say the best by a huge margin, nice people to deal with and clearly on the customer's side in a dispute.

Blimey, I wish Lexus Shefield were as helpful, they won't even fit a new Oxy sensor for about 150 quid to try and cure mine, in fact, exactly the opposite, they seem to be intent on dragging the fault out as long as they can.

I thought the same. The car has been serviced every 10K, the last being in February. I would have thought if there was something wrong, it would have been picked up then, don't you think?

Fuelly is a really good way to keep tabs on your mpg (click my mpg fuelly avatar to go there) - or road trip lite on Iphone free app

Fuelly is a really good way to keep tabs on your mpg (click my mpg fuelly avatar to go there) - or road trip lite on Iphone free app

Just spoke to my local Lexus dealership (Swindon) who said I should be getting around the mid - late 30's. Informed me to take car in and they would run a diagnostics on the car......all for £60. 60 bleedin pound to plug a cable in and run a bit of software on a laptop.........robbing bar stewards!!!

Blimey, I wish Lexus Shefield were as helpful, they won't even fit a new Oxy sensor for about 150 quid to try and cure mine, in fact, exactly the opposite, they seem to be intent on dragging the fault out as long as they can.

... or Lexus Derby who won't answer my calls anymore re: clutch & g/box. Sheffield denied there was a problem and said that it is usually caused by the driver! Local Toyota dealer have replied to my complaints saying they won't and can't do anything as they are not Lexus experts! This is a car which uses A Toyota engine, clutch (LUK) and gearbox!

Just spoke to my local Lexus dealership (Swindon) who said I should be getting around the mid - late 30's. Informed me to take car in and they would run a diagnostics on the car......all for £60. 60 bleedin pound to plug a cable in and run a bit of software on a laptop.........robbing bar stewards!!!

Went to the dentist yesterday was in 5 mins for a check up and got billed £40!!!. A Lexus dealer needs to sell every hour in the workshop to make money.

• 2 months later...

Anyone here been to the Hatfield Lexus dealer?

My 220D SE-L was originally bought in Milton Keynes, and service for 4 years there. I bought it 3 months ago and dread taking it to a dealership with disappointing results. I would be much happier to go somewhere else.

my 06 220d went to lexus wolverhampton for its 70k service. got a call back saying the catalytic converter and egr valve required replacing and they were doing it FOC ! was i happy.

still got caned for the brakes though.

mpg is about 3 per gallon worse since the new stuff was fitted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links