Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i have now discovered another dent near the bottom of the passenger door!!!!

bloody car parks. i think people get soo darn jealous; so they think they have a right to dent or score your car.

dent removal?

i didnt want to fork out loads of money to remove the dents.

any ideas?

has anyone successfully removed dents themselves?

this is for grim - do u know of any good dent removal companies in northern ireland?

thanks in advance

Paul

Bonjour,

Same to me, since we're in our new flat ( month ago), I've got an (auto sensored) horrible Clio on my left who let me a record on the front part of the Sport X, and on the right a (auto censored) ugly Laguna who let me a dent on the passenger door.

Problem is that I'haven't any evidence of this ( I use the scooter almost everyday and the Lex on WE.), even if I know they are guiltys.

I advised the Clio silly owner of the fact, advising him that this is the first and last time, hoppefully a good scratch removing past made the job, if you don't know it you can't notice it.

Anyway for the dent on the left side I'm guetting perplex on what to do, any advise should be good on how to repair ?

Does Renault owners love the Lexus at the point to mark them ????

@d'taleur

Vince

did you know that if you buy two car park tickets you can yake up two spaces!

Surely 50p more is worthwhile investment to paintwork protection.

Also free car parks like supermarket car parks wont slap you for taking two spaces... so why not take up two spaces at the end of the car park?

I do... i dont get dents!

Also finding a space on the end of a row reduces 50% risk of having your car scratched

thats what i usually do park in the middle of two but some idiot in some

s*** ford fiesta think he will squeeze in and as a result f*** up my car

(edit this post for the language if you want)

Bonjour,

Same to me, since we're in our new flat ( month ago), I've got an (auto sensored) horrible Clio on my left who let me a record on the front part of the Sport X, and on the right a (auto censored) ugly Laguna who let me a dent on the passenger door.

Problem is that I'haven't any evidence of this ( I use the scooter almost everyday and the Lex on WE.), even if I know they are guiltys.

I advised the Clio silly owner of the fact, advising him that this is the first and last time, hoppefully a good scratch removing past made the job, if you don't know it you can't notice it.

Anyway for the dent on the left side I'm guetting perplex on what to do, any advise should be good on how to repair ?

Does Renault owners love the Lexus at the point to mark them ????

@d'taleur

Vince

buy some magnetic strips and place them on the car.. as ou only use at weekends it wont be a pain to remove so much.

The magnetic material is used for magnetic signs that contractors put on the side of their vans.. cut a log thin strip.. apply to car!

....... this is for grim - do u know of any good dent removal companies in northern ireland?

Yes P,

I do know of a good body shop.

They did my rear spoiler, and tail light covers.

As my car originally had the IS Sport spoiler fitted, they had to fill lots of holes to fit my new one. (see my sig for piccys).

But they ain't getting free advertising on here!!

Unfortunately, they are in Belfast, so you'll need to travel up from Portadown.

I'll send you a PM.

BTW Sorry to hear about the car.

Hanging offense I say :tsktsk:

the only prob with magnetic strips is they pick up small peices of dirt and when you apply to your car they do even more damage.I try to find the most distant corner of the car park to park the car on its own ,problem is some :tsktsk: always parks next to me when i come back usually far to close and has opened thier door onto mine so i just run my key down the side of their car makes me feel much better :D .Sorry if that afends anyone but this is one of my biggest gripes every new car i get gets car park dents within a couple of weeks of me getting it .

My solution to this problem was to chat-up one of the staff at the local supermarket, and found out where all the staff parked...

So now my car sits with all the staff cars, which means less chance of a ding (touch wood)..

Glad no one so far has admitted to parking in the parent and child bays to avoid this problem <Grrrrr>.

I'm usually the screaming harragan telling them they've forgotten their kiddie and to :tsktsk: park somewhere else!

"buy some magnetic strips and place them on the car.. as ou only use at weekends it wont be a pain to remove so much.

The magnetic material is used for magnetic signs that contractors put on the side of their vans.. cut a log thin strip.. apply to car! "

Thanks doctor :D

Will try this way, and a big plus I can apply some funny message on it "STAY AWAY" "ANY STRANGER WILL BE SHOT" "TAKE CARE AGRESSIVE OWNER" " I WILL BURN YOUR CAR"... or maybe "LEXUS OWNER CLUB" ;)

Anyway, it seems that people doesn't care much about cars, especially when it's not his proper car. Maybe this is even worst in Paris, seeing the cars around here, people doesn't really care about it.

At the moment I'm with a new front bumper, due to this lovely 4x4, and now a door in 6 months.

For public car park, I always chase an angle one, where I can let the sport X right close to the wall on a side, letting a large space between me & the next place.

@d'taleur

simple suggestion:take wife shopping drop her off, then you go home

and she'll phone you when shes at the checkout,by the time you get

there she'll be waiting outside bags at the ready to throw in the boot

and you'll be driving home a happier bunny!!!

coz thats how its done in my house :yahoo: :yahoo:

Glad no one so far has admitted to parking in the parent and child bays to avoid this problem <Grrrrr>.

I'm usually the screaming harragan telling them they've forgotten their kiddie and to :tsktsk: park somewhere else!

didnt realise you had to have a kid with you :whistling:

what about when i take my mother ? :iraqi-info-minister:

In Winchester if you straddle over into the next parking bay you will get a ticket. You can only buy 1 ticket per car so if you bought 2 tickets and parked in the middle. within half an hour you will be ticketed for illegal parking.

Brian Berry

In Winchester if you straddle over into the next parking bay you will get a ticket. You can only buy 1 ticket per car so if you bought 2 tickets and parked in the middle. within half an hour you will be ticketed for illegal parking.

Same as Sutton Council b:tsktsk: 's all to generate income :ph34r:

I've just rung Simon to ask !!!

He reckons it's down to the local council/whoever owns the car park, but certainly if you buy 2 tickets in Windsor (cost you a bloomin' fortune though) you are entitled to take up 2 spaces.

He also reckons that if you bought 2 tickets, straddled 2 bays and got booked, you would probably get off easily, especially if it's council run - just write off with proof of the tickets et voila :D

So no need to park in the parent and child bays (have I mentioned this is a gripe of mine?!?!)

I reckon other cars are magnetically attracted to Lexi :P Ever since we got our brand new IS my wife and I have made a point of parking at the furthest corner of car parks in supermarkets etc, where there's no other cars around, yet invariably when we get back some b***** is parked right next to it, and leaving very little space. :angry:

Have already had the door scraped once. Oh well, at least I'm getting a bit more exercise walking from the extremes of the car parks :lol::lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links