Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help Expensive Repair ?

Hi to all you fonts of knowledge. I have been looking at the site for a while and found it useful.

I hope someone might be able to help.

My car drives fine but recently it has an intermittent fault. I have taken it to the local independent that I have used for years and found to be good. The codes they have come up with are:

from the abs unit c1223 (malfunction in abs) c1251 abs pump motor lock and engine ecu 121.

The symptoms are that the car will dive fine but after braking normally to slow down, the throttle has no response the engine is at tick over only. First time it happened no lights came on. Turned engine off restarted all ok. Next time the trc off and eml light came on. When the lights are on after about 10 starts they go out. The car restarts and drives fine every time with no misfires. I have tried to replicate the fault by making the abs work, thats fine.

Any ideas before i spend some serious money as the garage want me too.

thanks and waiting !!

Hello and welcome to the LOC sorry to hear you have problems with your IS200.

I have a LS400 and a GS300 but no IS200 so not too familiar with this one but does yours have a conventional brake servo or the more complicated ( and less reliable) pump/accumulator setup as used on the later GS300?

If it does have the latter it is renowned unfortunately for this type of fault and as far as I know the whole unit has to be replaced.

Don't be too disheartened I could be wrong and an IS owner will hopefully come up with better news, the forums are quiet at the moment so don't dispair if the replies are slow coming.

I think you may have two separate problems here; one with the engine and the other with the ABS unit.

I just had a look under the bonnet and can confirm that the IS200 uses a conventional brake servo setup. Unfortunately, I am illiterate when it comes to fault codes, so hopefully someone else may be able to fill in :blush:

Never heard of this problem with an IS200. Have you done a search on "ABS" and "TRC" on this Forum? May have nothing to do with it but several manufacturers have trouble with the Teves ABS/TRC control unit(Mazda, VAG). Could be something similar.

Hi to all you fonts of knowledge. I have been looking at the site for a while and found it useful.

I hope someone might be able to help.

My car drives fine but recently it has an intermittent fault. I have taken it to the local independent that I have used for years and found to be good. The codes they have come up with are:

from the abs unit c1223 (malfunction in abs) c1251 abs pump motor lock and engine ecu 121.

Lexus IS200 Brake Master Cylinder Servo

wahid

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links