Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey - just thought I'd mention that Halifax (www.halifax.co.uk) seem to be doing pretty cheap online insurance at the mo - cheaper than Tesco anyway for my quote. Anyone got any other insurance company/broker to recommend ?

Well, I managed to save 400 quid, AND get a better policy...

It was with the LOC insurance scheme.... Of course you need to go GOLD, but with the service and parts discount, you'll save the 25 quid almost immediatly.. even if the scheme isn't the best for you...

Just done an online quotation and it's nearly £1000 for me and that's before any mods were added. :blink:

I don't think Halifax are cheap for me. I'll stick with LOC insurance scheme. :P Join Gold mate and get yourself a quote from LOC insurance scheme, you never know, they maybe even cheaper for you.

Click Here to join Gold

BTW...Welcome to the Club :winky:

I just renewed through AXA

29 years old with wife 27

'98 GS300SE MK2

Full protected NCB

Legal protection

Free green card for use in Yurp

£418 :lol::lol:

That's the cheapest I've EVER paid for insurance

I phoned them up after getting an online quote and they honoured the 5% online discount over the phone, and knocked off a further £15 cos my wife has a policy with them. It's still £418 down the drain in my opinion cos I won't ever make a claim unless the cars a write off, but as you've got to have it, you might as well go with the cheapest. Lex Gold worked out nearly £900-no thanks.

Frizzells £308, LOC £345, MoreThan £320 with their No Claims Life Protection. Thats for an 2001 IS200 with full no claims.

I tried Tesco they quoted us £638 for my father, mum and me (25) to drive with pncb- not bad.

Just had a go driving the LS for the first time yesterday- what a nice car, i haven't driven any car quicker than my student Fiat Cinquecento 899cc. :shutit:

want better insurance :question:

move to a different area!

used to live in Leeds, now I live in Runcorn, a difference of £600 for fully comp insurance! :duh:

and If I now enter my place of work as home address i saves me another £300, I then would have to pay a mere £1190..... :blink:

I hate insurance companies! :sick: :tsktsk: :ph34r:

28yrs, 2yr NCD, 1 conviction ( for speeding )

just renewed it today.. cheapest was with the aa!!! :duh:

621 quid for a '91 LS 400 and only 1 years ncb (third party though as i've had nothing but grief trying to claim from insurance companies in the past so i'll give 'em as little as possible thank you and have enough in the bank to replace the car earning ME interest thank you very much) last year it was 1200 :crybaby: as i had 0 ncb (thank you the idle little tw*ts who broke in to my last car for a laugh costing me 3 years ncb) and the renewal quote was nearly 900 so a big saving to change companies.

cheers

julian

• 2 weeks later...

My insurance has just come up for renewal with Privilege. They offered it at £500 protected NCB, £56 less than last year.

I then went to their parent group Royal Bank of Scotland and they offered the same policy for £469 though I had to accept right there and then with the option to cancel.

I initially asked for it without legal cover but after accepting changed my mind and added legal cover. The made the amendment but didn't change the price. I guess the price didn't change for the same reason the acceptance had to be there and then. Perhaps the quote is based on up-to-the-minute pricing data or perhaps they just want to deter me from phoning around anymore.

Anyhow, I was feeling quite happy at having reduced my premium, but then got a phone call from Privilege who offered me the same deal as RBS but for £425, £409 without the courtesy car option.

That's £150 less than last year!

Obviously, the insurers have plenty of room to undercut. Mind you I have over 12 years NCB.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links