Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is250 Auto Buying Info...

Hello! not been on for awhile, but now need some advice please on buying an IS250 auto..

I've did a search, but just wanted to ask for any update info etc..i know the MM SEL spec is the one to buy, but with my tight budget im not to fussed with any Auto box..

With regards to tax, is an Auto cheaper? also will the £££ vary depending on the manufacture date etc?

I've been looking on eBay, Autotrader..is there anywhere else online to see these cars for sale?

I've currently have an IS200 sport Aero Kit which hopefully should go on sale soon!

any help is much appreciated..

Paz

With regard to tax, if the car is registered pre March 2006 then no difference, if post March 2006 then the auto is £250ish per year while the manual sits in the band above costing £400ish per year.

It is your choice of course, but I suggest that if your budget is tight you might perhaps do better to give up the SEL trim first rather than miss out on the auto box. There are more SEs out there and some sport models too. Some manual users are happy enough but you often see comments along the lines of 'I wish I had bought the auto'. You never see anything like,'I wish I had got a 250 manual' or for the matter 'I wish I had got an IS220d'.

The daily Telegraph's motoring adviser (honest john) was asked recently if he knew of any really smooth autoboxes. He mentioned two or three, including that on the is250 /250c. The others I think were CVT types.

i had the is250 last year as a courtesy car with auto box, and it drove a dream with the added extra's and toys of the MM spec.

what is the CVT model?? i know there is many many models as ive seen on Parkers website and i cant get my head round the spec of some of them..

but i agree, i may have to give up on the SE-L spec and go SE instead..

hopefully i will have one very soon with pics to follow

As far as I know all the Autos arel CVT transmissions,mine certianly is, and I wouldnt be without it the smoothest ride imaginable and the road tax is £240. a lot cheaper than the manual which by the way is a lot worse on fuel and a tad slower to my mind too.

No, the IS250 auto has a six speed gearbox. The LS, GS, CT and RX hybrids (and the toyota prius)have CVT boxes (more specifically HSD or hybrid synergy drive tranmissions)with no fixed number of gears between top and bottom.

If some of us think the 250 has a CVT transmission that is perhaps a tribute to its smoothness.

I have seen dealer websites advertise used IS250s as CVTs but they aren't, nor are GS 300s

That at least is my understanding.

No, the IS250 auto has a six speed gearbox. The LS, GS, CT and RX hybrids (and the toyota prius)have CVT boxes (more specifically HSD or hybrid synergy drive tranmissions)with no fixed number of gears between top and bottom.

If some of us think the 250 has a CVT transmission that is perhaps a tribute to its smoothness.

I have seen dealer websites advertise used IS250s as CVTs but they aren't, nor are GS 300s

That at least is my understanding.

You are correct. The auto in the IS250 is a 6 speed gearbox and not a CVT

• 3 weeks later...

hey thanks for the reply guys

Ive finally found an IS250 and put down a deposit to collect next weekend...canterbury blue, SE Auto..with DVD/Sat Nav screen..49k FLSH..1 yr Warrenty/1yr Road Side cover/ 3month Tax £8600..is that a good price?

Ive finally found an IS250 and put down a deposit to collect next weekend...canterbury blue, SE Auto..with DVD/Sat Nav screen..49k FLSH..1 yr Warrenty/1yr Road Side cover/ 3month Tax £8600..is that a good price?

Sounds just like the one I've just traded in - getting it from Barnsley?

Sounds just like the one I've just traded in - getting it from Barnsley?

yeh from barnsley!! small world! hope she was a pleasure owning it for you? any reason for trading it in?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links