Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coilovers

Rich OB

teins are good but tend not to suit the ****ty british roads...

If you run the TEINs with the recommended setting; they won't suit any road,

but if you adjust them properly; the car will behave brilliantly on the motorway, and you will spill your coffee on the bumpy country roads.

So I'm gathering TEIN's aren't the most comfyiest of coilover set ups then? I would like the look and feel of a lowered car with as much comfort left as possible. Afterall that's what the Lexus brand is about. Why must we mess with it? Lol!

I wouldn't have thought you'd need to change the springs on aftermarket coilovers unless they are super stiff & have fixed damping, but if you get a set with adjustable damping you should be able to soften the ride to close to OEM I'd have thought.

What about the EDFC unit you can fit with the TEINs? Any good? Worth the money?

Good product? Yes. Works well and does what it says it should.

Value for money? No, not unless you feel the need to change your damping settings for every journey. Especially when you can just get out and do it yourself for free.

Yes very true. It's actually the cost that puts me off buying it, along with the coilovers themselves it's almost 1k worth of kit  Ideally I want, or rather am willing to spend £600. I believe you can get a decent set up for that? I suppose the EDFC is more of a gimmick.

At the moment I've decided like this

1 MeisterR

2 Daiyama

3 TEIN

In that order, I was going with the TEINs till I posted this up. Where is a reputable place to buy?

Yes very true. It's actually the cost that puts me off buying it, along with the coilovers themselves it's almost 1k worth of kit  Ideally I want, or rather am willing to spend £600. I believe you can get a decent set up for that? I suppose the EDFC is more of a gimmick.

At the moment I've decided like this

1 MeisterR

2 Daiyama

3 TEIN

In that order, I was going with the TEINs till I posted this up. Where is a reputable place to buy?

Speak to Jerrick at MeisterR, top bloke :) he is also on this forum and many others.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that Meister R's are re branded BC racing coilovers??

Not that this matters but I just wondered as I was looking at them myself.

Not heard that before myself, but I'd have thought its unlikely as MeisterR have replaced the old models fairly recently, and the BC's have stayed the same.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links