Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sportcoss Has Landed

andy w

transporter arrived at 6pm with my 300 sportX ,extra £50 but i couldn,t face the return trip in evening traffic to collect & weekend was a no.no ,

downsizing to release some £££ for a property venture so gotta sell my 520d sport tourer but had a quick drive around in the lexus & i,m staggered , the drive,condition of interior & general feeling of quality throughout has opened my eyes ,

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=1811881627

am finding it hard to believe that my 07 bmw is £12k(78000miles) & the 02 lexus(53,000) is mine for £2700 ? yet i can,t feel a drop in standard anywhere

should i prepare for a sting ahead maybe ?

Wouldn't worry about SportX, have had mine for a year and no problems at all, staggeringly comfortable for me and i'm over six feet. A lot less risky than a property venture though best of luck with that. Enjoy the car, the rarity is a big plus, you will get a lot of interest from passers by.

Ed

Nope, no stings if it's an OK car to start with, make sure you have your geometry reworked at WIM if you possibly can (search WIM for details), expect some tyre wear, but you will be unlucky if your S/C dos'nt just do the business month after month. The 200/300 has a few known small issues, but in comparison to other makes it's a dream...especially at that price!

Any probs/concerns just search on here.

Enjoy the smoooooth ride.

thanks all, gave it a thorough inside & outside wash,wax & clean earlier & struggled to find any exterior marks .

on interior there is a 3 inch piece of seat piping come away otherwise unmarked again , in fact almost as new,

faults found / interior light in front no action & 1 key remote no action , yep that is all , 9yrs 53k & almost faultfree

i,m liking it more & more ,

it seems especially nice in the dark ,almost cocoonlike behind the wheel ,also extremely comfortable with well laid out dash switches & control,s

you have yourselves a enthusiastic lexus novice friends

Just thought I'd add that I share your joy.

Recently bought a 2002 IS300 SportCross - approved used, from a dealer. Not bargain-basement, but good value for a full-history one-owner car with just over 60k miles. The car is superb. Smooth, quiet, fast enough, and very capable.

The 17" alloys are slightly scabby, but I am planning (shock!) to refurb and fit a set of 16" wheels to improve the ride and cope with the potholes and bumps on local roads.

I look forward to comparing notes with other owners about what to do to keep the car in good shape...

still not put ours on the road , it,s nestling on the drive ,it,s going for mot on wednesday & hoping to complete the sale of our 5tourer thursday so will switch over insurance & get some miles done , it,s been hard being a petrolhead having to wait but sure it worth it

• 4 weeks later...

I'd better join in this conversation as I too have a 300 SportX its an 03 done 80k.....Bargain motoring as I see it.

Except the auto leveling lights stay too low?Pain ....

Going to get some winter tyres on it this week, but with a 55 profile bit more comfortable on these roads than the 45's

that's on it. All pretty good so far.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links