Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Wrote Off

But what of 'C' and 'D'? These are cars which have been involved in major accidents but which are simply uneconomical for an Insurer to repair.

my first IS was a cat D write off.

You should have seen it - I would not have wanted it back.

warped floor, transmission tunnel - the RAC engineer said that whilst it could be re-jigged, it would be exceeding difficult to get it back into the original shape, within the original specs etc.

but - it would have gone out to some one to do up and sell on - do you think they would have spent the 7k on a new body shell?

No way! The bloke said that it had cost him £1300 to fix it!

It all look okay from the outside. Even the side airbag had been replaced. However, I was told by the body shop that it would need a new body shell and all new suspension.

That's why the guy wanted the warranty and service history. He's trying to stuff someone up with a dodgy car sold as in mint condition!

Scum.

Insurance companys write cars of as total losses all the time for silly reasons you have to remember the cost of say a new bonnet .new wing .slam panel, headlights bumper ,and all the silly little bits that lexus charge an arm and a leg for .etc etc .All these parts from lexus cost a fortune so it dos,ent take a lot to write of a car .Most repairers use pattern parts at a fraction of the cost and can repair things that the accessor said needed replacing.I can see your point that this bloke is trying to pass it of as a mint car but anyone buying this car without doing a hpi report or at least phoning or writing to the previous owner needs their head testing .I would keep well out of it you don,t know just how dodgy this bloke is after all he had the front to knock on your door .

I agree totally mate. I gave him the details of Lexus Hadleigh and was as helpful as possible. I said that I would be happy to give him the paperwork if I had it, but I didn't.

You're correct, I don't want anything more to do with this. My wife was none too impressed that they had just turned up on our doorstep.

my rolla was written off 2 yrs ago when some careless foreign hgv driving :tsktsk: pulled of the kerb where he was parked and int the side of my car whilst i was stopped at the traffic lights.

the actual dammage looked bad but inspection revealed no structural damage just 1/4 panel and door. after making enquiries i was able to by it back and got £1000 pay out too.

having worked in the body repair trade i bought new panels and rebuilt the car. all that was needed to put it back on the road was an RAC engineer inspection (£185) and an MOT and i kept the original reg#. i think it is recorded as a cat d write off and i believe that this is the least severe grading

I agree totally mate.  I gave him the details of Lexus Hadleigh and was as helpful as possible.  I said that I would be happy to give him the paperwork if I had it, but I didn't.

You're correct, I don't want anything more to do with this.  My wife was none too impressed that they had just turned up on our doorstep.

Rather than ranting about all the Y's and where 4's, I suggest you talk to your insurance company as they were the one's who sold him the car, how else do you think he turned up on your door step, he has all the registration doc's for the car.

I used know a couple guys who brought insurance write off's. To look at them, they looked like they didn't have a pot to :tsktsk: in and they certainly were not the nicest people in world, walk in there workshop and it was like walking in other world, all the lastest equipment all brought and paid for and every job prefessionally done. Remeber never judge a person by there appearance are the way speak.

One other thing, All the Limos you see on road, they are all 'Cut and Shut', they all start out life as base car, then cut in half and all the bits added and then joined back together. Just because of few bad apples and there are some real :tsktsk:ing scum bags out there don't judge them all the same, he could just be guy trying to make a honest living, cos there is no law against repairing Write-Off's

One other thing, All the Limos you see on road, they are all 'Cut and Shut', they all start out life as base car, then cut in half and all the bits added and then joined back together.

erm..... no....

Most limos are specially built in the factory using an extended version of the orginal chassis...

One other thing, All the Limos you see on road, they are all 'Cut and Shut', they all start out life as base car, then cut in half and all the bits added and then joined back together.

erm..... no....

Most limos are specially built in the factory using an extended version of the orginal chassis...

O no there not, next time you get the chance look underneath one, BTW I've repaired several over years,

The are all modified by 'Coach Builders'

Okay.. .I used the word 'most'... because [today] a lot of manufacturers offer Limo versions (e.g. Mercedes)..

I can't speak for the american versions, and I'm sure your right about the 'unique' ones, such as Hummers etc..

Rather than ranting about all the Y's and where 4's, I suggest you talk to your insurance company as they were the one's who sold him the car, how else do you think he turned up on your door step, he has all the registration doc's for the car.

I understand where he got my address from. He originally wrote to me asking for the details. I telephoned Lexus and was told not to worry about replying as he would probably just get in touch with them to get the paperwork.

I would have thought he would have got the message when I did not reply to him. Turning up on my doorstep was out of order. I agree with what others have mentioned above. If I hear anymore from him I'm going to phone the police.

I would imagine when you turned your car over to the insurance company you gave them the log book and they then give it to the salvage company with the car.I doubt it was the insurance company that sold him the car it was probaly the salvage company who buy all the write offs from them.You can even go to autions to buy accident damaged cars check out universal salvage .co.uk. you will be surprised what you can buy :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links