Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Led Dash Bulbs

JezaLexy99

hi everyone. Ive been looking at geting a set of LED dash bulbs and see they are either blue or white. Ive seen the blue bulbs in and working but has anyone got the white set?..as im thinking i might prefer them but cant really decide :hehe: decisions :duh: if anyone has any pics of the white set to post thatd be awesome..also any pics of the blue set..just because i like looking at pics (of cars ofcourse, mostly :shifty::whistling: ) anyway...also fitment...is it an easy mod?..one would asume its a few screws, within reason, and probably just a trial and error thing (minus the error) any info would be appreciated. ta.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys as promised I have some information!!

The 3 main lights inside your instrument cluster are 501 bulbs the same as a side light or no. Plate light the other 2 bulbs I am being told are t5 bulbs available on eBay but I haven't taken mine out yet so please double check before taking my word for it and ordering the wrong size. Here is a link to the information I found on a separate thread regarding dash l.e.d's on the forum

http://my.is/forums/f221/how-change-your-main-gauge-cluster-ignition-ring-lights-leds-pics-359216/

Hope this helps there is another link on that web page with access to heater control unit bulbs too

Ill be fitting my 501's hopefully tonight

Dean

You will need 3 x T10 (501s) in your choice of smd colour, 2 x T5 in the same colour, or mix n match colours to make it different!

Also the ign barrel is T5 also, and thats another 20 sec job to do!

I need to replace a heater control bulb so figured I might as well do the lot.

Looking for the t10/501 end bulbs there appear to be a lot of configurations when you search "t10 smd" on eBay. 4 or 8 smds on a flat disc, 4 around a column with 1 on the end & lots of others.

Which type did you get to fit behind the dash? They're so cheap I'm tempted to get a load and see which works best. The column ones might give a better spread of light, assuming they're not to too tall to fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

for any help with dash conversions check out crazyleds.co.uk , located in county durham and speak to Mick, he did all mine in white, switches for heated seats and traction is a pain because of the yellow dye but not impossible, hope this helps

Hi all I'm new here been looking around in the last week decided to go for the white dash conversion read a few posts ordered my bulbs which all fitted correct first time in half hour so all good.

Or so I thought ! Only problem I'm having now is the dimmer for the dash lights doesn't do anything any more and I don't think it's on full. Need help any ideas would be great thanks

Hi I stand to be corrected but as far as i am aware you presently cannot dim led bulbs,and that explains why you dimmer wont work

Thanks I was worried this was the case. Is there any way to set what they start at as they seem half as bright as they should.

For example can you set the brightness full but then not adjust if that makes any sense ?

I've seen lots of white which look really bright and mine looks dull in comparison.

Or is there better options I have put in SMD LED bulbs.

Hi I stand to be corrected but as far as i am aware you presently cannot dim led bulbs,and that explains why you dimmer wont work

I fitted white smd,s and I can dim the dash clocks!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links