Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,to be honest with you I dont think its possible especially if you are trying to fit a non sat nav car with a sat nav,as the wriring looms are different.Furthermore if we are to use the IS 200 as reference - it is almost near impossible to fit a non sat nav IS 200 with a OEM sat nav.

Hi,to be honest with you I dont think its possible especially if you are trying to fit a non sat nav car with a sat nav,as the wriring looms are different.Furthermore if we are to use the IS 200 as reference - it is almost near impossible to fit a non sat nav IS 200 with a OEM sat nav.

LexusGS300018.jpg

I have a non Sat/Nav MK2 GS 300 and this was already retro fitted by a previous owner.Its a Kenwood DNX 5220BT and does all you can see on the screen plus rear park sensors and rear view camera. Hope this helps.

hi if you read the 1st tread properly it says clearly an oem sat nav from a 1998 car and not an aftermarket one.Of course you can fit an aftermarket stereo with sat nav into most cars.

Anything is do able if you have the time,money,skill and inclination, in my case the money side at 99p was not a problem I have the necessary skill to fit but the other two requirements I don't. That's why 6 months after purchase it still sits there in the boxes and if I need a sat nav I stick one on the windscreen.

To be fair sticking one on the windscreen is by far the easiest option. I fitted OEM nav to my Octavia - that was a breeze but I suspect the Lexus to be more complex. Is it easy enough to get the radio/climate control out of the dash?

Hi will it is fairly easy to remove the stereo - the hardest part would be running the wiring loom from the front of the car to the back (does the eBay systemcome with a loom?)

To remove the stereo

1) Lift the wood surround using 2 screwdrivers or similar

2) Disconnect heated seat plug

3) Remove centre air vent by carefully inserting to flat pieces of plactic (similar to lollypop sticks) down each side and carefully pulling the vent towards you - try not to yank as the hazard light switch wiring is behind it

4) then you have 4 screws - 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom and the stereo is out.

Before you go ahead i suggest doing some research on

a) how good the system - it is a really old system with limited capabilities in terms of detail and speed

B) Upgrade cds can cost around £100 iirc

Will

there is no mention of the wiring loom. The box is the CD drive which sits in the boot on the near side.

It might be an idea to see if there is any wiring already in your boot already on the near side to take the cd drive ( the chances of this are slim but worth checking anyway)

Obviously if there is no wiring then you needa loom

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Was your Gs300 non Sat Nav version before the Kenwood was installed? I have 2001 GS300 with OEM sat NAv and would love to install one of these Kenwoods, but not sure how to do it without loosing the Climate contol...

Any suggestions?

LexusGS300018.jpg

I have a non Sat/Nav MK2 GS 300 and this was already retro fitted by a previous owner.Its a Kenwood DNX 5220BT and does all you can see on the screen plus rear park sensors and rear view camera. Hope this helps.

hi if you read the 1st tread properly it says clearly an oem sat nav from a 1998 car and not an aftermarket one.Of course you can fit an aftermarket stereo with sat nav into most cars.

I think it was being offered as an alternative idea.

Mike

I think it was being offered as an alternative idea.

Mike

Bluesman & rjthomas. I've posted a reply on the GS300 site with a couple of pics. I posted on this topic months ago and yes my reply then was an alternative to OEM S/N,...... a sort of 'Geordie Plan B'

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links