Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

got a mid frequency droning noise which is most noticeable at 70mph and can be made worse by a a long shallow right hand bend. Sounds like it's coming from the front offside but might not be.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

Had a similar problem with my other car.

After leaving it into my local mechanic, had the bearings replaced.

Noise still persisted!!!!

Problem ended up being my tyres!

Noise cured once offending tyres replaced!

Sometimes It's difficult track down these "noises', but hopefully you get it sorted soon!

Get your tracking checked!

I had a similar problem on mine, thought it was a bearing and had it replaced, still there.

Turns out the tracking was out, and the inner edges of the tyre had unevenly worn into a hardly noticeable 'saw-tooth' shape, resulting in the noise you describe.

got a mid frequency droning noise which is most noticeable at 70mph and can be made worse by a a long shallow right hand bend. Sounds like it's coming from the front offside but might not be. Any ideas? Thanks Mike

Well, in my LS I sometimes have a similar droning noise, though mine goes from mid to quite high frequencies. It can be quite persistent, often gets louder as the journey progresses and seems to be independent of either rate of turn or speed..

On other days, I leave 'her indoors' at home.

Easy to check bearings, just jack the corner up and see if there's play in the wheel.

The nearside manifold heatshield is loose on mine (far too cold to bother doing it at the moment), that rattles around on right turns. Food for thought, maybe something on yours is rubbing the tyre as you make that turn.

Thanks guys. Got the wheels switched round but noise still the same. Been getting worse lately too. two mechanics have not been able to find any bearing play by fiddling with the wheels, but Lexus Teesside today identified the offside front bearing as the problem (want £575 to fix it too).

That's two different wheel bearings for me in 37k miles .... am I just unlucky?

Mike

yes that is what I am doing. Quoted £300, but of course if it doesn't cure the problem, the fitter is not going to take responsibility. I accept that Lexus might well have shrugged their shoulders too but that's not my experience with Lexus Teesside.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links