Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rising Cost Of Lpg What Are You Paying?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cheapest by me is 74p from 67.9 last week. Texico went from 68p to 83.4p in a 2 week period, I may have to start driving for economy soon :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the prices. Keep them coming. Dont forget to have a look at the Fight for fair fuel prices site.

The more that join the more cloat they have.

Its better than doing nothing.

Mike

I'm joining the fair fuel thing when I get back on my pc. it doesn't work correctly on my phone.

The thing that worries me is are the fuel companys seeing more cars are getting converted to LPG and will just put the price's up and before we know it its aroud the same price as petrol, just like what happened to diesel I remember diesel being half price to petrol not that long ago

I'm joining the fair fuel thing when I get back on my pc. it doesn't work correctly on my phone.

The thing that worries me is are the fuel companys seeing more cars are getting converted to LPG and will just put the price's up and before we know it its aroud the same price as petrol, just like what happened to diesel I remember diesel being half price to petrol not that long ago

Its a fear that was expressed to me when I had our first cars converted and it hasnt happened yet.

It wouldnt look good on the government who are all green save the planet crazy if they were to do that.

Remind me what we were driving around when we went through the last ice age.

Mike

So I am not the only one who has noticed we LPG users are getting ripped off!

LPG prices in my area of Travel as at 19 March 2012

BP HATTON CROSS (HEATHROW AIRPORT) 75.9

Sainsburys Cobham 75.9 (just up from 72.9 last week)

Shell Hickstead (A23) 83.9

BP Patcham (bottom A23) 84.9 (loyalty card up to 10ppl)

SO PLEASE HELP ME SUPPORT SAINSBURY'S, THEY ARE SUPPLIED BY FLO-GAS, THE SAME AS BP STATIONS.

Flo-Gas depo at Rowfant 80ppl????????

Oh, forgot to say, was in Cardiff last week, getting the current LS430 first check (have 2 other LPG lexi) and got 72.9 at Morrisons. They also has a scheme, so i found out after, if you spend more than £40 in store, you get a 10ppl discount off fuel!!!!

Here in the Palm Springs California area, we are paying about $3/gal. Not sure what that would translate to but the station operators are so lazy they won't even help you pull the propane tank out of the Trailer and put it back in again. Last time i got propane down at 1000 Palms they sent out the fatest, laziest mexican girl do fill the tank so I wouldn't ask for installation..Pete Walls

Here in the Palm Springs California area, we are paying about $3/gal. Not sure what that would translate to but the station operators are so lazy they won't even help you pull the propane tank out of the Trailer and put it back in again. Last time i got propane down at 1000 Palms they sent out the fatest, laziest mexican girl do fill the tank so I wouldn't ask for installation..Pete Walls

Thats around 34p a litre but US gallons are different to imperial gallons buts its still way cheaper than ours.

Don't understand about pulling the Propane tank out. can you explain further?

Mike

So I am not the only one who has noticed we LPG users are getting ripped off!

LPG prices in my area of Travel as at 19 March 2012

BP HATTON CROSS (HEATHROW AIRPORT) 75.9

Sainsburys Cobham 75.9 (just up from 72.9 last week)

Shell Hickstead (A23) 83.9

BP Patcham (bottom A23) 84.9 (loyalty card up to 10ppl)

SO PLEASE HELP ME SUPPORT SAINSBURY'S, THEY ARE SUPPLIED BY FLO-GAS, THE SAME AS BP STATIONS.

Flo-Gas depo at Rowfant 80ppl????????

Its stories like this that convince me that both petrol, diesel and LPG its all just one huge rip off from the government to the producers who must have trouble sleeping at night having to count all that money they thieve from us.

When are human race going to put a stop to all this ripping us off.

It was better when we had a Sheriff of Nottingham at least we had Robin Hood to help us.

Mike

PS Thanks for the updates.

• 3 weeks later...

i agree !! garages are cashing in on fuel panic. i have no choice but to pay the rip off lpg prices by Shell and BP as there are no supermarkets doing lpg near me.i don't drive my Lexus as much now :-(( now that i have a company car so get my fuel paid for :-))

• 2 months later...

Morrisons St Helens 67.9

BP Gemini Warrington 69.9

Lymm motorway services (Total) 75.9

Hi Pete,

Interesting but could you give a more comprehensive answer.

I thank you Mike

64.7p/l tonight at ASDA in Linwood.Nice!

64.9 yesterday in Halewood Liverpool. Why cant we have these prices down South we aren't all millionaires. 73.9 at my local just outside Reading.

Mike

Just wondering, has anybody ever enquired about a group buy discount at an installers like Profess?

My plan was to run the car for a while until I'm sure I have a good 'un, then possibly convert to lpg.

Are there any others considering converting at the moment?

Mike - yes i'm in same boat as you , just bought an LS on understanding that i would convert it to run on gas to justify the running cost.

I would be interested in a 'group buy/discount' maybe Steve or Colin will comment as to whether we could try and set something up.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links