Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I'm after some info from you lovely people who have converted to LPG.

As some of you may know I was recently faced with the dreadful situation where my insurance sky rocketed as it has for many of us. This meant as I was renting a taxi I couldn't justify the extra expense of keeping my Lexi.

As I don't want to keep paying someone else for their car I started looking at buying my own taxi something like an Avensis etc. Whilst researching insurance quotes I discovered most companies don't care what the car is and quote based you as a person.

At this point she who must be obeyed muttered something so wonderful I had a Eureka moment!

"Why don't you use Lexi as the taxi if there is no real difference in insurance costs plus the customers will love it"

This is why I love her, straight to the point.

If I'm going to do this and keep Lexi away from the crushers I'm going to need to convert to LPG if I'm going to make this work.

Can anyone tell me who they used for their conversion and what their experience with them was like.

I have seen somewhere members on here have used Profess in Wales and wondered if they used a multi point system and flash lube. Are they any good considering the price and one day install?

Any info very much appreciated.

I'm after some info from you lovely people who have converted to LPG.

As some of you may know I was recently faced with the dreadful situation where my insurance sky rocketed as it has for many of us. This meant as I was renting a taxi I couldn't justify the extra expense of keeping my Lexi.

As I don't want to keep paying someone else for their car I started looking at buying my own taxi something like an Avensis etc. Whilst researching insurance quotes I discovered most companies don't care what the car is and quote based you as a person.

At this point she who must be obeyed muttered something so wonderful I had a Eureka moment!

"Why don't you use Lexi as the taxi if there is no real difference in insurance costs plus the customers will love it"

This is why I love her, straight to the point.

If I'm going to do this and keep Lexi away from the crushers I'm going to need to convert to LPG if I'm going to make this work.

Can anyone tell me who they used for their conversion and what their experience with them was like.

I have seen somewhere members on here have used Profess in Wales and wondered if they used a multi point system and flash lube. Are they any good considering the price and one day install?

Any info very much appreciated.

I have run on LPG for the past 15+ years and had all my cars converted and never had a lubrication system fitted on any of them.

If it runs on Unleaded then LPG will not do any damage to your engine. LPG also has far fewer contaminates to hurt your engine over petrol.

You will not regret it just be sure you can trust 100% the people who are going to do the conversion. If you have any doubts about them stop and go somewher else.

Profess have done my last two conversion at £1400 which has now dropped to £1050 and they have never missed a beat. I have never seen anyone post anywhere they have had a problem after using them.

Before that I used a company called Duelfuel in Woking Surrey they always wanted a week and wanted nearly £3K to convert the Lexus which is why I started looking round for a better deal. £1050 and done Car loan for the day, its a no brainer.

Mike

I'm after some info from you lovely people who have converted to LPG. As some of you may know I was recently faced with the dreadful situation where my insurance sky rocketed as it has for many of us. This meant as I was renting a taxi I couldn't justify the extra expense of keeping my Lexi. As I don't want to keep paying someone else for their car I started looking at buying my own taxi something like an Avensis etc. Whilst researching insurance quotes I discovered most companies don't care what the car is and quote based you as a person. At this point she who must be obeyed muttered something so wonderful I had a Eureka moment! "Why don't you use Lexi as the taxi if there is no real difference in insurance costs plus the customers will love it" This is why I love her, straight to the point. If I'm going to do this and keep Lexi away from the crushers I'm going to need to convert to LPG if I'm going to make this work. Can anyone tell me who they used for their conversion and what their experience with them was like. I have seen somewhere members on here have used Profess in Wales and wondered if they used a multi point system and flash lube. Are they any good considering the price and one day install? Any info very much appreciated.

Hi I am in Liverpool and in the past week I have seen a LS430 being used as a private hire taxi he must be on LPG

Steve.

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

I think at that price i will be using profess Mike. As a matter of interest, is your conversion multi point?

I was chatting to a guy who has recently retired from the taxi game and he ran a LS on LPG as a taxi for 11 years and said what was taking me so long to reach the right and obvious conclusion that was currently sat on my driveway, DOH!!

Im looking forward to being comfortable again whilst i drive the drunks home on a saturday night. :-)

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

I think at that price i will be using profess Mike. As a matter of interest, is your conversion multi point?

I was chatting to a guy who has recently retired from the taxi game and he ran a LS on LPG as a taxi for 11 years and said what was taking me so long to reach the right and obvious conclusion that was currently sat on my driveway, DOH!!

Im looking forward to being comfortable again whilst i drive the drunks home on a saturday night. :-)

Its a Multi point system with an 80 litre tank in the spare wheel recess. Still plenty of room in the boot with the nice wheel cover they provide you with.

After the install its smiles and smiles and smiles of luxuary motoring at a price you can afford.

Mike

My mew (to me) MKIV has a Prinns multi point system, and it is amazing, totaly impossible to tell wether it is on petrol or LPG, except for the lights telling you it has changed over, after about a mile on a cold engine, and pretty much instantly on a warm engine. A big tank means less fillups, but you will probably want a wheel- well one to keep the boot free for luggage.. My old Mk1 was lpg also, no lube. system needed

I have already decided the spare wheel tank is the way to go as I need the boot space.

I understand they are about 80 litres in capacity has anyone got a tank that size and what sort of mileage do people get from them.

Anyone else used profess?

I'm watching with interest another thread about Leeds lpg to see how that goes.

I probably will in the next month.

There was a post from a new member earlier today mentioning servicing one of his three lpg vehicles in Cardiff, so possibly Profess.

I did post on another thread about the possibility of a discount if a few of us got together, but there was no interest.

I might give em a ring anyway, no harm in asking.

Sorry, just come off phone, nothing doing I'm afraid.

I asked based on three conversions, the response was they were already on special offer at £1150, so best he could do would be a tankful of gas each, not really worth the hassle of organising anything imo.

Never mind, it was worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend lpgconversionservices.co.uk Ask for Zil. They did a great job on my is200 in two days. Think I had a stag premium multipoint plus flashlube. Needs a bit of tuning at the top end but go back as many times as you like. Certificated, warrantied all good. A great job all round.

hi

bought my Ls400 a few weeks back & love it. Decided to convert to lpg using professautogas. just wondering if anyone has had a recent conversion there?

If so,was the conversion good or bad?. Any problems with insurance?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links