Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi everyone, have been reading your posts with interest as I am seriously thinking of buying a GS430. One of the main reasons i am interested in the GS430 is its quoted performance and all publications quote 0-60 as 6.3secs. I have test driven one for about half an hour but with a dealer on board its difficult to pull-out a stopwatch and tell him to hold on tight while you put the car through its paces. Has anyone actually timed a standard GS430 0-60 and 0-100mph.

The reason for me asking these questions is because a friend of mine has a soarer SC400 which we timed to 60 and it took 8.5secs(air con off, sport mode on etc..) Official figures quote the SC400 as 6.5 secs, so maybe you can understand my sceptiscism for the official GS430 figures.

I look forward to your responses.

• 5 months later...

A couple of the car magazines have tested the GS430. 0-60 - 5.9 sec and 0-100 - 14.8 sec although remember the GS in the US is slightly more powerful than the UK one.

Lexus managed a 15 sec 1/4 mile test the report is in the latest Lexus magazine.

Done a quick 0-60 test last night. Only using a stopwatch and the speedo, so not accurate.

Maybe the road wasn't dead flat and maybe I stoped the time a fraction too early but I left traction control on (which slowed me down as I got a bit of wheelspin so it limited the power), didn't put it in sports mode, using only 95RON fuel and didn't left foot brake.

The time was:

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

5.96 Seconds

• 2 weeks later...

The reason why the GS or any other car tested by the car mags posts such low 0-60 numbers is because they are tested at the tracks (not real life driving condition) or the drivers are very seasoned professionals (again, very much unlike the rest of us).

You'd be hard-pressed to replicate those numbers by yourself, or worse, with a nervous dealer next to you holding a stopwatch! :duh:

The reason why the GS or any other car tested by the car mags posts such low 0-60 numbers is because they are tested at the tracks (not real life driving condition) or the drivers are very seasoned professionals (again, very much unlike the rest of us).

You'd be hard-pressed to replicate those numbers by yourself, or worse, with a nervous dealer next to you holding a stopwatch! :duh:

Did you not read my post above then?

It's quite easy to achieve good 0-60 times in an auto.

>

>

>

5.96 Seconds

I want one even more now :D .when these come down to around the 15k mark i am gonna get one .Just got to figure out how to get around the missus first she went balistic when i came back with the mk1 instead of a toyota landcruiser :crying::whistling:

Colin, haven't tried mine but I can vouch for what you say!

There aren't many cars that stay with her once you press the pedal down.

But the best bit is when the motorway clears (occassionally!) and you boot her from about 70

easy to see how you could loose your licence!

Interesting driving in the snow we have just had though!

Took the Landrover out instead!

Have a Good New Year All!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links