Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ive a 08 GS450h everything was fine this morning as I opened car up, drove to shops then couldn't get out of drivers door all other doors unlocked and opened except drivers door...will not unlock or open from inside or outside using fob or key or manually trying to open it..inside lock nob doesn't move at all electronically and if I try manually it has a slight resistants but stays in locked position... Checked all fuses to no avail....

Anybody have any ideas.......can't get door card off either due to door being locked closed

Any advise/ help much appreciated ta

Edit..... When I touch drivers door handle with key fob in pocket all doors except drivers door unlock...

Chicken and egg situation, not the ideal reply but have you considered calling out an auto locksmith? These guys are normally pretty good with these situations and charge a lot less than Lexus who would probaly call one out to the dealership.

They may also charge less as you could drive it to them.

Have thought of that......but with the being a problem will only end up in Lexus to get sorted anyway...so could end up paying auto locksmith to open car then Lexus to repair fault like you said chicken n egg situation..... Really miffed me off this has....:-(

Phoned a locksmith and he suggested to run a hose on the door for awhile to cool it down due to excess heat.........did it work.....DID IT F??? Lol neighbours must of thought I was loopy...... Looks like a expensive fix.....can see door card getting trashed trying to gain access to whatever problem is......

Not checked lotto yet.....so if I've won thes going to be a big expensive bonfire on drive :-)

Well there are 4 jackpot winners each winning just under 3.5 million, one of them could be you!

Another one to try is activate the remote locking/unlocking whilst gently pulling on the internal door opening lever it may then release the lock.

Or try giving the interior door panel a few good thumps around the lock area to see if this helps.

There are 7 screws holding the panel in place all concealed bar one when the door is closed!!

Nope only got 2 lines with 3 numbers on each on lotto 2x£10 and 3 numbers and thunderball £20 total of £40 won which will be 1/2hr labour ....saying that Lexus Aberdeen no longer exists they stopped selling new cars awhile ago and where only a service centre now that's closed down nearest Lexus dealer is now Edinburgh 4hr drive away doh but the mechanics that where at lex Aberdeen are still there under Arnold Clark so will have to see what they make of my problem...............

Nope 3 screws holding panel in 1 concealed by end of dash.....took passenger one off last night to check...... Tried the remote whilst doing door latch done the banging and crying and stomping feet but to no avail .....going to stand in corner of garage now and mutter to myself lol

Managed to pry top part of panel of enough to get my arm down round the lock area but pushing n pulling on cables have achieved nowt....it's dead locked ....I'm at a loss now, when I move the internal lock switch it is under pressure and just spring back to locked position

Might resort to grinder n chop door off and attach a canvass door instead Lol joking by the way haha

Absolutely agreed on this one.

a) Talk to an auto locksmith first. Absolutely, certainly cheaper than Lexus, and they spend their whole lives thinking about this stuff, and have the resources to find a solution. At heart this is a locking problem.

B) As regards cause, it might well be linked to the unusual heat. Worth trying again first thing in the morning. Something must have caused this - and the obvious thing that's changed is the extreme weather.

c) You've probably already done this, but try posting on US websites to see if anyone else recognises it.

d) And describe this as a GS 450h / 300 problem. This isn't a hybrid problem - there are more GS300 owners around.

Tried all off the above.....ie thinking it was a heat problem ran hose on door for a hour tried doors last thing at night ,early morning ...disconnect n re connect battery's, all manner of combinations of key fob n door handle/ lock, key etc etc....Wd40 etc etc even kneeled n prayed but to no effect...ah well ya never know stranger things have happened lol

As my nearest Lexus dealer is a 4hr drive away I've just come of the phone to local toyota dealer who'll phone me back shortly to see if they can help

Lol Toyota garage phoned back and after describing problems n symptoms and what I've done to try and rectify the service manager says....looks like you've a lock problem ....no ***** batman ....cars booked in for Wednesday but going to keep searching for someone to have a look n sort hopefully

Just back from local toyota garage.....doors still locked..arghhhh

Cars booked into Arnorld Clarks Toyota garage in Aberdeen (used to be the Lexus dealership) and all Lexus mechs ,managers still there...they reckon it's possibly a destroy door job ohhhhhh noooooo ...already seeing £££££££ flash before my eyes

I'm sure you've tried this but disconnect the Battery and then try the mechanical key, just in case the lock motor is continuously trying to lock and fighting against you trying to unlock.

Sometimes the lock can be stiff, especially with the little key as you have no leverage so maybe use a little more force with some pliers.

No warranty given as car was owners own motor so not sold thru dealership but personal sale....tax dodge or something me thinks. The was no lead up to this problem doors wer ok 100% up to day it happened so no dodgy cover up from seller just one of these things..yes tried all of above suggestions key has no resistance at all so no need for pliers etc tried Battery thingy as well had it plugged into computer at local Toyota garage as seemingly can open doors on computer but seems not a electronically fault but the actual lock mechanicals...have given up trying things n will just leave it to garage now....kinda dishearten now and to be honest just want rid now

Knew I should of stuck to my original choice of cars and went for the LS460 I was looking at....

Don't get me wrong the GS is a lovely car and can't pick fault with it...but you know what it's like when something happens you just want a clean sheet

Edited by mr2lad

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links