Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi All From Wiltshire

Jamalaya

I just got my used lexus IS 220D and i already love it, very refined and well composed and in very very good condition from 1 previous owner.

Today however, I noticed that the rear view mirror vibrates a bit.Is this normal?

Also, while it has 174 BHP, I don't feel it though. I mean I never drover anything but a Golf GTI since Mark II and this is my first non VW car. Previously, I had golf GTI mark 4 turbo 150 bHP and you can feel the power on that car. Admittedly still getting used to driving the Lexus and getting the feel of it. there is a lag when taking off. I am not sure if this normal or it is me. I am just used to quickly zip into a gap on roundabouts :-) .

Either way I love my Lexus and it looks great and I can see the envy (and challenges) from BMW drivers :-)

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

From what I have read from other 220d owners the engine, unusually for a diesel, has little low rev torque and they have to be worked through the rev range to get a decent performance.

It will I imagine with moving from high performance petrol engines to a diesel take some getting used to but as you say you now have prestige,refinement and excellent reliability.

Hi, and Welcome to LOC.

Everything sounds normal in regards to your Lexus. My brother in law has a 220D so ive driven it many times. It is a sluggish machine low down but so are most Lex's Ive found. My IS200 doesnt go anywhere till you hit 4000RPM... Ill ask him about your vibrating mirror, i didnt notice that to be honest.

Yes you will def feel a difference in power between a Golf GTi and a lexus Diesel. Your lex is fitted with a lot of heavy components and all the electrics etc.. Its a ton and half of car! its not built for speed but for refinement and luxury, whereas a GTi Golf is all about performance! Its designed to get you from A to B in comfort not get you there quick! lol.....

Enjoy your Lex,

Chris

thanks all. Yeah I guess I need time to get used to it. As mentioned it has a lot of electronics/operations and I think I need to read the manual :-) . as for comfort,it is superb.I did drive briefly a passat which I think it is superb for comfort and I think the Lexus matches that. time for more drive about I think :-).Yeah if you can find out if the rear view mirror vibrates would be cool.It is not a problem, but it is visible, otherwise everything is perfect.

I just got my used lexus IS 220D and i already love it, very refined and well composed and in very very good condition from 1 previous owner.

Today however, I noticed that the rear view mirror vibrates a bit.Is this normal?

Also, while it has 174 BHP, I don't feel it though. I mean I never drover anything but a Golf GTI since Mark II and this is my first non VW car. Previously, I had golf GTI mark 4 turbo 150 bHP and you can feel the power on that car. Admittedly still getting used to driving the Lexus and getting the feel of it. there is a lag when taking off. I am not sure if this normal or it is me. I am just used to quickly zip into a gap on roundabouts :-) .

Either way I love my Lexus and it looks great and I can see the envy (and challenges) from BMW drivers :-)

Hiya and welcome to the LOC. Have a look at this link and in particular, posts numbers 10 and 27, this may be of help to you.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=75516&hl= vibrating interior mirror&st=0

Hiya and welcome to the LOC. Have a look at this link and in particular, posts numbers 10 and 27, this may be of help to you.

http://www.lexusowne...wtopic=75516= vibrating interior mirror&st=0

thanks for the link Geoff, it makes a very horrific reading :flowers: looks like 220d is much hated. The mention of the vibrating mirror is fine. I might check that, but today I took it out for a very good spin - swindon-highworth-swindon-cirencester. I must say a very enjoyable ride, as good as my golf and my wife's passat. Not a single rattle or sound and it is not noisy as the other posters make it. Then again I never drive with windows open. slightly noisier than a passat engine wise. The mirror vibration wasn't that bad at high speed I guess. It need to be revved at low gears but once you get it up to 3rd gear, I don't know, it just flies and super steady. So far I am happy with it. Next week will test the mpg as I have few trips to Bristol and London. we'll see how it goes.

The vibrating rear view mirror is a recall apparently. Lexus Cardiff who sold him the car called him to bring it in and get sorted about 6 months ago. Completely free and it took about 45 mins.

I drove it today and can confirm the rear view mirror doesn't vibrate one but :)

The vibrating rear view mirror is a recall apparently. Lexus Cardiff who sold him the car called him to bring it in and get sorted about 6 months ago. Completely free and it took about 45 mins.

I drove it today and can confirm the rear view mirror doesn't vibrate one but :)

thanks for the tip. I'll be checking my local dealer. still under guarantee from the seller anyway, and I'll be seeing them on Saturday to pick up some papers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links