Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One fly in the ointment, no mot since March, I'd have to wonder why a dealer wouldn't put a ticket on it.

Anybody like those wheels?

Reg is wrong for the year isnt it?

Cant agree on the wheels I think they are awful and spoil the whole look of the car, but then I am old and past it so my son tells me.

I think this car has been mentioned on here before on another thread.

Mike

The car looks as if it's had some paint work done - there's a difference in the shades of silver. It seems this is a common issue with silver or gold metallic paintwork, and less so with the matt dark green and blue colours, or am I wrong? Not that it's a problem as such, but it does spoil the look of the car in my opinion.

Silver is a difficult colour to match but I can't quite tell if it is a poor paint job or just poor quality photos and reflections. From some angles the sides look uniform and on others the panels appear different shades.

Hi

Have just viewed this car for another member

Main problems are exhaust Y pipe to cats are shot to pieces - No flanges left to weld on either, Therefore new cats and a Y pipe required

NSF Brake Caliper Leaking

Requires 1 tyre and another before too long

All wheels have rim kerbing + some tyre wall kerb damage

Drivers footwell carpet has a tear

Boot is leaking

Some marks to body work and some scratches to rear passenger door

Bonnet struts weak

one of the boot lid cluster lights is chipped

Couldn't test drive and obviously didnt jack up to see state of the front and rear suspension etc - so probably has a few other faults to rectify

The seller informs me " it owes me a Grand " so is not realistic with his price given the above and no MOT

Benfur

Bin thinking, did have an FSH lexus service history from new or just some bit and pieces which were all he got when he exhanged/bought it, I do know theres a trend on eBay to say FSH & when you probe em they just mean all the bits and pieces of receips which came with the car when they got it & no service book or just a couple of stamps to around 60k

Bin thinking, did it have an FSH lexus service history from new, as 'implied' or just some bits and pieces of receips for other things which were all he got when he exhanged/bought it, I do know theres a trend on eBay to say FSH & when you probe em they just mean all the bits and pieces of receips which came with the car when they got it & no service book or just a couple of stamps to around 60k

Just checked it again, its not advertised as FSH & hes put 'sold as seen' I could be wrong but I thought saw FSH & Im sure he did not have 'sold as seen' on it, think you knocked a few hopes out of him Benfur

Another case of all that glitters isn't gold.

Keep hunting, there is one out there that is for you. I always enjoy the hunt when I am after something and treat it like a battle.

I recently had to buy she who must be obeyed another car as she was fed up with the seats in the Mondeo 24ST, I have to admit they are not comfortable so I was on the hunt for a Focus estate, after 3 weeks of hunting I found her, a 54 plate Focus Metallic silver blue 90K full service record, new MOT, Taxed to October and all the keys handbooks etc. Now I have always advised people on here not to buy a car already LPG but when I spoke to thew guy he told me he was a registered Corgi Gas engineer and was happy to show me his accreditation and also the car was DVLA registered Duel Fuel for taxation purposes.

and what did it cost? £1000 and all because it was badly listed on Autotrader.

So happy wife and of course happy me.

Mike

Most dealers have a cosy arrangement with an mot man, so anything without a certificate should be viewed with the utmost suspicion - it will almost certainly need something expensive to pass.

Bin thinking, did it have an FSH lexus service history from new, as 'implied' or just some bits and pieces of receips for other things which were all he got when he exhanged/bought it, I do know theres a trend on ebay to say FSH & when you probe em they just mean all the bits and pieces of receips which came with the car when they got it & no service book or just a couple of stamps to around 60k

Just checked it again, its not advertised as FSH & hes put 'sold as seen' I could be wrong but I thought saw FSH & Im sure he did not have 'sold as seen' on it, think you knocked a few hopes out of him Benfur

You are 100% correct. These people get you thinking if your sane or not.

Mike

Not even worth thinking about, I am a bit surprised that dealers got good feedback, was he open about all the things Benfur or did he only come clean when he realised you knew what you were doing?

Hi Mike

He was quite open about the exhaust - I would have to be Deaf not to have noticed it !!!!

and he told me about the caliper ,

The other bits mentioned are quite common on a car this age, but I have to admit the state of the exhaust is by far the worst I have seen especially for such low miles ?

Maurice

The other member that Benfur went to look at the car for was me. My mate was thinking of traveling from lancaster to Kent and would not have had a clue what he was looking at so a massive thank you Benfur from me and Paul.

A great help.

The other member that Benfur went to look at the car for was me. My mate was thinking of traveling from lancaster to Kent and would not have had a clue what he was looking at so a massive thank you Benfur from me and Paul.

A great help.

No Problem, Its what this Forum is all about, we help each other out

Maurice

Did you notice it's not a genuine "W" Dave, the dealer does mention its a 96 car, though the heading is misleading imo.

I think this cars been discussed on here before as well.

Sorry to keep peeing on your chips, but it's better than you buying a dud

been discussed on here before

Oh boy, even ebayers with good feedback seem to have gone down a bit over this past couple of years, I had no problems with my first eBay, my second some superficial corrosion, but not bad, that was not mentioned, then I got this one last June & it took me probably around 9 weeks to get this which is really good.

Used be a main dealer like this last one I suggested wanted to keep his feedback so good they were always straight up & above board just for the sake of feedback, which really, in the longer term, is worth more than a few hundred quid on a car

Well that one does look & sound good, one owner & she says "comprehensive service history"?? the mileage is missing though but that does not bother me, I mean with a 400 you never know whats to much & whats peanuts to them.

If I were in the market I would go and look at it. Must say I have never bought off gumtree or that piston heads.

Quite honestly guys ..... and girls ................ a LS400 nicely polished and clean and sparkling will always be a very attractive car .... and at £1200 / 1300 / etc wot on earth can you get that good especially if it has service history and a new MOT and you have seen the advisories ( or looked at them via the DVLA facility ! ) prior.

And if it drives well and you're happy visiting the petrol pumps not infrequently then just go4it.

I really do like the Mk2s and 3s especially ! :flowers::hehe:

I'd be absolutely amazed if these aren't future classics too.

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links