Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Aristo V300 Need Advice Please

Hi guys

I'm an ls430 owner, love the car, but I needed something with a bit more power. Just wondered if you guys knew any common problems on the aristo, what should I look out for?

Really just standard GS issues and look for badly implemented modifications. In standard form the engine is bullet proof. Quite difficult to find one that hasn't been modded.

Stereo / Sat Nav ideally needs to have been changed because the standard one won't operate in English.

Make sure everything works, difficult and expensive to fix if the non UK spec items fail - e.g. rear steering

Thanks for that Collin. What are the usual Gs common problems to out for? I'm sorry for these questions, but I've always been an ls driver, so it will be my first Gs or aristo. I think its a UK model, as everything is in English, satnav etc

The V300 wasn't available as a UK model as far as I know, so it will be a Toyota Aristo (with possibly the Toyota badges changed to Lexus), so it will be an import. But a good chance the km to miles and japanese to english conversions have been done.

As far as standard stuff goes, suspension ball joints and bushes, callipers and slide pins, that kind of stuff (all of which is similar to the LS). Never owned a V300 but obviously the turbos can be shot, and I beleive they have rear wheel steering, which has been known to be problematic (and expensive to sort).

Thanks for that Collin. What are the usual Gs common problems to out for? I'm sorry for these questions, but I've always been an ls driver, so it will be my first Gs or aristo. I think its a UK model, as everything is in English, satnav etc

Have a look here:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=tutorials&article=5

as stated above, this won't be a UK vehicle, it was never sold here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links