Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sc430 Standard Tranny

evilgem

Has anyone heard if Lexus is considering a standard transmission for the SC? I've owned mine for 18 months and wished I had never switched to a "sports coupe" with an automatic. Kinda defeats the purpose.

I'll be the first in line. (After I get my cheap run flats replaced!)

• 4 weeks later...
Go on Mat, how much would it cost??

well the bell housing from a South african spec Toyota Pickup

then the 5 speed manual from a US spec Pickup

the disabeling of the gearbox ecu on the original car

you are looking at least £13,000 to make it look factory......a simple problem is the sc430 has no clutch pedal, this will need fabricateing

Also, I was wondering, would it be possible to stick a US 5-speed stick transmission on a UK IS300?

yes its possible........anything is possible, other than the gearbox you will also need to source the 5 speed manual ecu

cost wise its better to source the supra 6 speed and fit that, you will still need to fit a manual gear pedal box, but you can get the full thing from a lexus dealer for around £150, then you will need the hydraulic clutch slave cylinder and also the fluid resevoir

cost wise its better to source the supra 6 speed and fit that

You then have the problem of your gearchange feeling like a tractor! The Getrag gearbox may be strong but it's a horrible shift. The worst thing about the Supra TT (luckily most are autos) and one of the reasons I sold mine.

cost wise its better to source the supra 6 speed and fit that

You then have the problem of your gearchange feeling like a tractor! The Getrag gearbox may be strong but it's a horrible shift. The worst thing about the Supra TT (luckily most are autos) and one of the reasons I sold mine.

erm.... the monster is getting a Getrag :whistling:

There's not much else that will take that power.

What about the Daf Variomatic Gearbox. they were a force to be reckoned with in their day. On gear with a cone shaped pulley that governed the gearing. belt sliding up and down the pulley. Great system.

There's not much else that will take that power.

What about the Daf Variomatic Gearbox. they were a force to be reckoned with in their day. On gear with a cone shaped pulley that governed the gearing. belt sliding up and down the pulley. Great system.

wasnt that a 90 speed box?... 90 odd cogs inside those daf boxes!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links