Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Haggling A Dealer On S/h

If you are a cash buyer, go for it. With a revamped IS250 on the horizon any older models will start to see their resale values drop and the dealers know this. You should be able to get a good deal.

Right. Would -20% be too much to ask?

What they sell it for is just what they think they can get for it. This can be modified if the dealership prioritises monthly cash-flow or will wait for maximal profit. Most are keener to throw in Warranties & stuff that doesn't cost them much but would cost you lots rather than cut the price. Go for it.

If you have some one in the motor trade ask if they will look up the prices in Glass's guide, this will list trade in values as well as forecourt and private average prices, if you know roughly how much it was traded in for then add 1K for their margin and go from there.

Put it this way there was a recent post on here regarding a IS220d bought from a dealer for around £12k and then the owner was offered £8k trade in value 6 months later against an IS250

As above, also think about the price of the car at the minute, the car I bought was the best value one for sale in the country at the time and still managed 10%+. The dealer still made ££££'s i'm sure.

Is the car you're looking at a sensible price or a wishful price to start with?

Lexus dealers pay less for trade-in and sell for higher than Glasses guide :)

For a vehicle being sold at £15k they probably paid £11-12k so they have some room to move, although £1k will disappear on the warranty and vehicle prep. How much they are willing to accept will also depend if the vehicle has already been price dropped, unless you have been watching the vehicle for some time you may not know if the price has already been dropped £500 to £1000.

Every trade is a one-off, if a dealer could get the Glasses Guide every time, he would be one happy dealer. No matter what commodity you sell, there will always come a time when you wont make a profit, or, if you're having trouble shifting it, the first loss is the'' best loss'' A good salesman is sometimes the one that loses the least.

Offer the dealer what you would ''like'' to pay, and you'll probably end up paying what is fair to both of you.

I'm watching one at the moment that was advertised last November for £44k and is now at £34k, I would think that's his profit gone and am waiting for it to hit £30k, I'll offer £25 and hopefully get it for £27.5k. After 10 months they're probably fed up with washing it.

Don't be shy when making an offer, they know what they're doing and are not selling cars for your sake.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links