Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

To Debadge Or Not To Debadge...

Still can't decide if I should debadge the rear end. One the one hand, next doors Merc looks much cleaner with just the Merc emblem in the middle and no text badges, but on the other hand I'm not sure if I did it to the IS, it'd look like something is missing

Rough mock-up;

2mqsx75.png

Of course not to de-badge. On a car the age of an IS200 it just looks like the badges dropped off.

De-badging used to be a bit of a fad - but that was 10 years ago. But if it makes you happy & makes it easier to clean the back end, go ahead - its your car. Just keep the badges for the next owner.

• Like 1

:msn-oh: Excuse me but De-badging is part of the euro look (it is called cleaning) and will never die .... if you want to take it off go a head...just keep them save for when you sell the car.

And honestly it does look better without :D

Debadging has nothing to do with the age of a car whatsoever. I agree with north and Dinho, it's a way to clean up the car and personal taste.

My opinion is that the rear of most cars look better without badges, or just the main emblem.

My IS200 Sport has been de-badged for a number of years, just have the central emblem on the boot. IMPO it's aesthetically pleasing, and although the car is 11 years old, it still looks as if it came out the showroom yesterday so I find it hard to believe peeps would think they just dropped off :glare: . I thought BMW charged a little extra if you wanted a de-badge one of their models? What really is the point of driving around advertising what model you have anyway????

Was going to debadge the IS250 SE-L but unlike the first generation IS the second gen badges have location pin holes that would have to be filled, so not something you want to do on a new car. Pity really as I would have liked to de-badge the IS-F too.

Everyone has got their own opinion on this,

Debadging has nothing to do with the age of a car whatsoever. I agree with north and Dinho, it's a way to clean up the car and personal taste.

Im with these lot. I think it looks quite smart from your "mockup", go for it.

I was having this same dilemma, haha, i agree with rich and north also. It is down to what you want and like at the end of the day, after seeing the mock up above i might just have been persuaded too, u can always put them back on after all. :)

Decisions decisions decisions,lol,I was having the same problem de-badge or not,then when washing the car i caught the Lexus emblem under the rag and it snapped,so i de-badged except for the central logo.I am pleased with the result,just go careful when polishing out the outlines after,dont over do it.

de badged is the way. Changes the look of the car alot. I removed all my badges. Hot air gun/hair dryer softens up the "bonding" then a plastic scrapper to remove. A bit of g3 cutting compound removes the lines and re matches the paint after years of sun fading. easy job.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Everyone has got their own opinion on this, I've kept mine but changed the colour of them. Go with what yo feel

hi u say u changed ur badges i would like to do the same to black ones do u know where to get them?

Everyone has got their own opinion on this, I've kept mine but changed the colour of them. Go with what yo feel

hi u say u changed ur badges i would like to do the same to black ones do u know where to get them?

Take them off and spray them. Then stick then back on. That's what most do :)

Us oldies can easily remember when this de-badgeing started 30/35 years ago, it had nothing to do with fashion or clean lines but was bought out by car manufactures to enable their poorer/sadder customers who could not afford the more expensive top of the range cars to pose around the neighborhood in so they took the badges off. We all knew that was the reason for taking off the badges and of course every time we saw a debadged car we just felt sorry that they were so poor and that's the way we think of it to this day.

The back of your car looks much classier with the badges on. Mike

• Like 1

I thought it looked good for a bit. But then I followed a 'modified' golf GTI which had done the same then a few days later saw a laddish corsa that had done it too. That was enough for me to change it back! :lol:

Got no photos on my phone of it and I'm on holiday at the mo

I thought it looked good for a bit. But then I followed a 'modified' golf GTI which had done the same then a few days later saw a laddish corsa that had done it too. That was enough for me to change it back! :lol:

Got no photos on my phone of it and I'm on holiday at the mo. Pretty sure I'll have some on the PC at home tho :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links