Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mine is I am guessing broke in my MK1 LS400

I have not clock and temp display but all the other bits still work

I am guessing the LCD display has gone on it, is it just a simple case off wacking a new unit in there

Even though they seem rare as rocking horse *****

They normally bleed and appear black when they fail, getting hold of them is a problem as most on fleabay.com are obviously LHD versions so not really any good for RHD.

Some of the US sellers can provide the correct version but you will need to ask.

If the display looks clear it may just be the backlight bulbs gone.

HI

Did this retrofit on my LS400 mark 1 three years ago it is a job that requires the aqquisition of a rhd drive lcd from the states thats the easy part they cost about £120 by the time you have paid all dues.Then comes the hard part the whole radio a/c unit as to come out the A/C unit is then separated from the Radio unit .then you have to get into the insides of the Ac control unit. then you have to remove the old LCD and that is the really tricky part. For this operation a degree of soldering skill is vital there are 44 soldering joints and they must be done very carefully or you will destroy either the new LCD or the AC PCB.It took me a long time and I also had the problem that the lhd drive version I was sent required an additional pcb the size of a drinking straw and wafer thin to be soldered in to the interface, a nightmare I can tell you.

go to www.lextreme.com/lcdtech.html it is not impossible but think about it before you set off on this task.

Do not bother trying to get one off eBay the early lcds for models upto 92 were all suspect and they only fit for that first series 90-92.

I had my hrad unit out yoday to c if i could fix it, i tried but no look my hands are to big for a micro job, one thing i will say puting the airvent flow controllers was a pig, if any one has a easy way please tell me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links