Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My radio is finally giving up the ghost and after disconnecting the Battery wont let me re enter the security code.

Now as second hand radios WITH a code are rarer than rocking horse do do, im being forced down the road of after market units.

The problem with this route as most will be aware is the wiring. Im sure i saw a how to write up somewhere but im damned if I can find it anywhere.

Can some kind soul point me in the right direction please?

Cheers in advance.

Can you not get an adapter lead to convert to standard fitting?

I've not done a Lexus, but I know they are available for many makes, including Honda and Peugeot, and just plug in to the car lead then to the standard after market ICE fitting.

My radio is finally giving up the ghost and after disconnecting the battery wont let me re enter the security code.

Now as second hand radios WITH a code are rarer than rocking horse do do, im being forced down the road of after market units.

The problem with this route as most will be aware is the wiring. Im sure i saw a how to write up somewhere but im damned if I can find it anywhere.

Cheers in advance.

Pretty Sure there is a cheat for getting the original code to clear on the radio's there certainly is on the mark 4 I would check through the lexus owners club archives on the USA site and also lextreme.

That way you can purchase a second hand unit from a breaker or eBay .

My radio is finally giving up the ghost and after disconnecting the battery wont let me re enter the security code.

Cheers in advance.

Pretty Sure there is a cheat for getting the original code to clear on the radio's there certainly is on the mark 4 I would check through the lexus owners club archives on the USA site and also lextreme.

That way you can purchase a second hand unit from a breaker or eBay .

Yes you are right there is a cheat but you will need to spend a bit of time going through the archives.

Mike

Cheers in advance.

The radio code is normally the last three digits of the chassis number.

Yes its a mk3 radio backlights fixed but lcd virtually blank. My problem was although I have the sequence memorised therefore able to do without display, the unit did nothing.

After many power resets I managed to enter the code.

Much thanks for all the advice I will start looking for a new one before this one finally packs up!

Can you not get an adapter lead to convert to standard fitting?

I've not done a Lexus, but I know they are available for many makes, including Honda and Peugeot, and just plug in to the car lead then to the standard after market ICE fitting.

MkIII stereo systems are 'pre-amp', therefore a standard amped aftermarket headunit will not work. You can fit an aftermarket head unit if you run new wiring from it directly to the existing speakers, but you'll lose the factory sub as this only works on the pre-amp circuit.

I should imagine getting the wires through to original speakers will be a ball ache. Are the original speakers compatible with after market head units or are they different ohms or something like that?

Has any one on here actually fitted an after market system?

LexusGS300001-1.jpg

LexusGS300002-1.jpg

This is in my MK2 GS, hope it gives a bit of an insight into the wiring. There is an after market amp in the boot. Its a double din Kenwood DNV 5220 BT which was in the car when I bought it. These pics were taken when Autosounds in Newcastle removed the unit to fix the USB and iPod connections for which they charged £25...very reasonable.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links