Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 Essential Service And Lexus Service

Hi

Hope someone can shed some light on this subject. I have a 2001 ls430. Its due its 130000 mile service which is the intermidiate service. They say they can either do an essential service at £159 or a proper lexus service at £268. Now my question is what is the difference between each service? What kind of things are involved in each service.

Thanks

Thanks Steve. But it still doesnt tell me what kind of service an essential and proper lexus service is. I mean does the essential service include oil and filter

Change, air filter and sparkplugs etc etc?

At it's age and mileage is it really worth getting Lexus to do the service? It won't recover the value when you come to sell the car. You might be better off paying an idependent to service the bits you want, and you'll probably pay less. Lesser dealership services tend to be no more than a look under the bonnet, fart in a bag and stamp your book. I have a Lexus service paid on already but after that I'll be doing the work myself or getting my friendly mechanic chum to do servicing work. Sorry that this doesn't answer your question but I thought I'd throw my two penceworth in. Does it say in the service book what should be done at that mileage?

Interestingly the US schedule just gives 6, 12 and 24 monthly tasks once 60k has been covered. There appears very little to do but inspect certain things to evaluate for timely replacement/repair. If you are able to do these things yourself and you don't expect to need FLSH it seems easy enough. Other than an A1 valet, it comes down to an experienced Lexus inspection for future/impending expense.

6 monthly: Replace oil & filter, rotate tyres

12 monthly: Replace AC filter, grease prop shaft.

24 monthly: Replace brake fluid and engine coolant, air cleaner filter.

Surprisingly simple?

Their recommendation for timing belt is 90k then every 72 months.... This puts the cat amongst the pigeons!

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=8466

(You may need to log in again)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links