Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help Joining

Hi to all ! :)

I'm new here. I'm seriously thinking to by a Lexus, an used 2002 IS200 plus.

I'm from Italy, Venice.

This are my questions:

Is lexus a real good car ? I'm searching comfort, stability, power in a car... I've searched a lot and find two possibilities: Lexus IS200 and Nissan Silvia. Well, it isn't exactly the same thing, but Silvia has got a whole more power !!!

I see is200 could achieve a lot of power too, but the modifications sounds very expensive, while Silvia starts with 200 hp already.

so, what do you say to me ? what car should i buy ? i'm much more interested in lexus, because it's lexus, because its newer, because its a lot more nice. So, for the first time, have i to spend a lot to make it run a little bit faster ? i'm very interested in exaust sound, and here in the forum i've seen 2 or 3 exaust: are they very performance and very "soundly"?

please let me know what you think !

Well RM for a change let me be the first to welcome you to the club.

I left nissan behind this after changing a Primera for the Lexus. i have found the IS200 has great comfort and pretty stable. My primeria did not like the wet very much untill I put Michilin tyres on, and the same roads it did not like the Lexus is great. So I would say the Lexus is pretty stable.

As for speed yes it is not the quickest out the bag but mid gears it is great and is very responsive. Looking at what people on here have done you can get a lot done and up the power.

On the other hand the Lexus you do not see many on the road and when you compare it to others in it's class I think it comes out well hence why I bought one.

My suggestion is get a 24 hour test drive ( i am sure dealers in Italy will be helpful) of both cars and go for the one you like best. Remembe the Lexus will hold it's value better than the nissan.

uh well, i'll take the 200 sport instantly if it will be in italy. here in italy, for the is 200 there are 4 colours, blu, green, silver and dark silver (all beautiful, nothing to say) and only 2 types: automatic and manual, is200 and is200 plus.

i'm asking to be sure, but in my heart i'm convinced since the first time i saw it. i'll take a lexus !!!

regarding my question: what are the first steps to do to achieve a bit of power ? i think muffler, manifold, air intake system and then ?

another question regarding the muffler: i hope one of you saw the movie "the italian job", with the minies. i am searching a muffler for the lexus that will make it sounds like those minies. please let me know what to buy !!! :D :winky: :zee:

bye and thank.

Ciao fratellone, non paragonarmi la silvia alla IS200 perchè è una bestemmia!

Se vuoi una macchina confortevole, di classe, stupenda con un motore molto elastico e trattabile con un pizzico di "cattiveria" in alto allora compra la LEXUS

Se vuoi sbadierare continuamente oppure cimentarti in accelerazioni brucianti ai semafori prendi la Silvia.

Metto ancora una volta "cattiveria" tra virgolette perchè il gende pregio del 2.0 6 cilindri 24v della lex è l'elesticità e la morbidezza. Se sali di giri diventa + sportiveggiante ma considera sempre che l'erogazione è vellutata....

Insomma, provala e poi mi sai dire.... :lol:

guarda un po' chi c'è !?!?!?!? e sei pure di venezia !

VENICE RULEZZZ !!!!! :zee: :zee: :zee:

sinceramente avevo perso la speranza di sentire qualche italiano da queste parti... qui sono tutti bacchettoni !!! :ph34r:

si si certo, le conosco queste motivazioni e sinceramente ormai la mia scelta l'ho fatta: domani chiamo e la prendo !

certo è che fare le bruciature ai semafori mi piace abbastanza e non sono troppo contento di rinunciarci... ho cmq visto qui che di preparazioni ce ne sono ma mi sembra anche che costino un'occhio della testa ! quindi piano piano magari qualcosa faccio... tu hai fatto qualcosa nel frattempo ? che macchina hai ?

il mio numero di icq è 27053400... se ce l'hai ci sentiamo li, ho un sacco di cose da chiederti !!! ciao ! :winky:

oh oh, ok ! :excl:

i just want a lexus that when i push the gas make a beautiful noise from the muffler... think about the mini of that movie (i mean the new one). they make a sound that "sounds" really like POWER... you understand ? :winky:

i come from a jtd alfa romeo... beautiful car, but still diesel. now i want power and sound ! :nuke:

Maverick io è da un anno che cerco la IS200 usata perfetta e la devo ancora trovare! Non ce l'ho purtroppo ancora...

tu dove l'hai trovata? Da ZARA a TV, da Moretto o Portogruaro o in qualche altra concessionaria?

Lo scorso mese ne avevo trovata una ada Moretto, bellissima, nera, perfetta ma poi... apro la porta.. intgerni in velluto :yack: e 95000 km (era del 2000) ci ho pensato, poi ritorno ed era venduta....

Cma grigia met chiara è stupenda!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links